cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to "Watch this user"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used to be able to select "Watch this user" similar to how I can select "Watch this topic".

This was a great feature when I found someone who seemed to work on similar issues as I am.

Now I can no longer see that feature. What happened?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Some people didn't like to be watched and as we value your privacy we made it optional to allow people to be watched.

If you go to your control panel there is a:

Allow other user to watch me: Yes No

The user you want to watch has to O.K. it.

First thing you do if you like the feature, change your setting to O.K. to be watched.

We should spread the word a bit better about this, Mark.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now is there any alternate way that we can watch particular persons quiries who are closely related to our area.

Please let me know if any alternative way.

I have already allowed in my control panel to allow other users to watch.

Thank you,

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig and Mark,

Thank you both for replying. If I could I'd assign "Solved Problem" to both your replies but I can't. So I did the next best thing and assigned "Helpful Answer" to Craig's and "Solved Problem" to Mark's.

The only reason I gave Mark more is because it actually had instructions for how to do it.

Thanks again to both of you. I understand the privacy issue but I really miss the feature. I think it'll be hard to get people to turn it back on.

Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

Message was edited by: David Pantich

How does notification about this kind of change get out to people? This isn't a minor change. Was there some notification and I just don't know where to look?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because of various Privacy laws in Europe we had to disable this feature.

Each user may individually select to allow this but by default this is turned off.