cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files from FTP server to Application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SDN and SAP XI, can anyone tell me whether its possible to move the files (different strcuture files i.e. some are master data files and some are transaction data file) from FTP server to Application server with one interface. Actually the process is already established at clientsite for placing master data files like product, plant etc from FTP server to App server through FTP adapter. Now my requirement is to move transaction data file with completely different structure as master data to App server. If we place these trasaction data file in same folder/directory as master data files does SAP XI pick this file also. If not what are the steps I need to follow to achieve this. I know that if we create new configuration it will work but I question is does master data interface picks this transaction data file also.

Right now our process for master data files is SAP XI picks the files and deletes the file from FTP server folder. The master data file names are plant_attr.csv, product_attr.csv etc and transcation data file name is salestrasactiondata.csv. I need to move these files to application server on daily bases.

I appreciate your help .

Regards

Bob.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am new to SDN and SAP XI, can anyone tell me whether its possible to move the files (different strcuture files i.e. some are master data files and some are transaction data file) from FTP server to Application server with one interface.

Hello Bob,

Yes it is possible.

There can be two ways of doing it.

1. N:1 mapping, BPM will require for this.

N:1 Mapping refer this blog

BpmPatterns CollectMerge

part1

part2

Second option

Create 3 scanarios in integration directory and correspondingly in integration repositoy create different data types, message types, mappings & interface mappings and then in each of scenario us different message interface and interface mapping.

> I know that if we create new configuration it will work but I question is does master data interface picks this transaction data file also.

>

If you are using N:1 scenario then use *.csv in your sender adapter under file name parameter and then all the files will be picked up from same directory.

If you are using second option (3 different scenarios) then also you can pick the different files from same directory. You will be having 3 sender adapters in this case, So, one for picking master data, and another for product data and the last one for transaction data.

So, in case of master data use "plant_*.csv" as a file name and directory name.

In case of product data, use "product_*.csv " as a file name and source directory will remain same.

similarly do it for transaction data.

So by this way all 3 sender adapters will perform their job to pick the different files from same source directory.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

XI can pick any number of files from the FTP server if you use exclusion mask like *.csv as said above.

If your master data XSD or Data type is different from your sales transaction data XSD. then you need to define different mapping or Multi mapping (N:1) and pipeline steps for them separately.

PI works on XML and that is bind to an XSD. If the XSD different PI will consider this as a different message at IE. Although you can use the same communication channel with *.csv to bring the files.

If merging the schema and prepare a generic XSD is allowed to you. You can use that. But i prefer create separate structures and use separate mapping and even separate channels to optimize on performance with average size of message

Thanks

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can give the pattern *.csv to pick the files. If the structure is different, then configure different File Adapter since the processing willl be different or try to create the DT that will be generic and can handle the change in the mapping.