Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output node empty for all new wdj apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I am facing a weird problem.

For some time now i 've been working on a project entirely made of WDJ apps with RFCs.

Suddenly all of my new RFC output nodes come empty. The apps already uploaded to the portal with iviews work just fine.

What could be the problem??

Any ideas??

I ve checked all my context mappings, redid my JCos tested them and re-ran them.

Thank u in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all for your answers!

How do i put external breakpoint??

Thank u in advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be many things,

• Maybe you didn´t bind the model to the node when executing the RFC

• Maybe the nodes aren´t linked through to the view.

• Are the RFCs working correctly in backend?

• And lastly: Are you sure the user has the correct authorizations? Check with SAP R/3 transaction ST01 (Run ST01, set the things you want to check (authorizations, RFC calls), turn on trace, run the webdynpro, end the trace, and to review) ==> Best to ask the help of someone knowledgeable in authorizations)

Jeschael

Edited by: J.V. Lebbink on Nov 16, 2008 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iria,

go to se37 and open the fm which is getting called when you execute the application.

go to utilities-settings-select front end editor new and go to debugging tab.in user field enter username with whom you are executing the application.click ok.select the line on which you want to put breakpoint and you will find a button on the application toolbar to put external breakpoint.

once you set the breakpoints ,execute the application and it will take you to debug mode

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!!

After some more carefull debugging in my ABAP code i realized that IMPORT from MEMORY ID XXX,

is not very stable within RFCs.

I re-wrote my ABAP code, so as not to use it at all and my application works just fine!!

P.S. Bala, the external breakpoint is extremely usefull, i will definately use it from now on!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala & thank u!!

I've run it on debug mode and here is the weird one:

When i run it on debug it works just fine & my output node is returned full.

When i run it normally the output node comes empty.

I really am confused!!

Any suggestions??

Thank u in advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeschael!

Thank u for your reply.

I ve followed the following procedure:

- Import Adaptive RFC model

- Added it as used model

-Applied service template where i have bounded my context .

It's the same procedure i always follow for all RFC models.

I do not understand why it does not work now.

I 've also tested it in the R/3 and it works just fine.

Any other ideas??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iria,

try to put extenal breakpoints in the fms and check whether proper input is getting passed to fms whn you execute the application

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the IUser API's to identify portal logged in user details and using it in your webdynpro java application?

In such a situation, webdynpro application might not show you output... but portal iViews would.

Regards,

Anagha