cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Prorata Dissagregation type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am getting improper values when i disaggregate the product to the locations.

we have selection ID product A with more than 20 locations when i disaggregate its showing unexpected values.

I am using prorata as a dissagregation type,The system should equally disaggregate to 20 locations.

There is Manual forecast key figure in which if i enter some some value like 2000 its automatically changing the value to the 2067 and dissaggregation is done in improper way to the concern locations.

Please guide me experts,

your early response is highly appreciated with points.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

if I understand your issue, you have a key figure called "Manual forecast" and when you enter 2000 at the total level and save the system is changing it to 2067 automatically.

Is that right?

This is a rounding display error. This is SAP standard behavior.For more information see the [sap help link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/fe/80a934908685479f084e9621749a0a/frameset.htm]

When you enter 2000 for say some 22 locations, the system disaggregate the 2000 to all 22 locations equally, which is 2000/22 = 90.91 ( Assuming I have 2 decimal decimal places set in planning area KF Accuracy). But as the display of decimal places is set to 0 in my data view (design) settings, the system displays the value for each location as 91 and when aggregated to the total level, it is 91*22 = 2002.

The difference of 2 is the rounding error.

Now, the data is not saved to database as 91 at location level and total as 2002. It is still stored as 2000 at total and 90.91 at detail level. It is only your display that rounds these values.

If the CVC is not just Location and product, lets say it is Location, product, customer, sales org, division. then the rounding error adds up from CVC to higher level. Higher the level you look at the larger the rounding error.

But don't forget that this is only for display. the data is stored at the CVC level at the right numbers as per the decimal places specified in planning area.

To get rid of this, you need to either make th planning area setting for the keyfigure to be 0 and planing book also as 0 or make both the same number like some 3 decimal places. This should solve your issue.