Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecc 6.0 -laptop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm planing to buy a laptop & install ecc 6.0

Pl tell me wat system configuration is required to support ecc 6.0 , pl also suggest any specific laptop model brands best for ecc 6.0.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Installing ECC6 on laptop will not give you the proper performance. However if you want to use for personal use, you CAN.

From the hardware perspective,

Minimum 2 GB RAM.

Usable harddisk space (NTFS) : (if IDES) - 250 GB

Usable harddisk space (NTFS) (If not IDES) - 100 - 150 GB

Processor - As of my knowledge, it does not restrict processor. The better, the good - Intel core 2 duo will be fine.

Software perspective:

OS - Windows server 2003 ( Cannot install in vista or XP. You will have to reload the OS or install Windows server 2003 as dual boot)

SAP CDs and OSS id to license it

Network:

The hostname should have a valid ip address to install SAP in laptop. If you are not planning to use over a network, you can install loopback adapter to set an ip address.

PS : Please mark the questions as "answered" if your question is really answered. Most of your previous queries are simply unattended after the required answers are provided. awarding points will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazz

Thx for replyin

is it possible to install ECC 6.0 on an external harddisk & connect to laptop using usb port

Will ECC 6.0 works form external hard disk.

Any specific laptop brand best for ecc 6.0

Pl suggest.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before starting the system you try to connect the external Hard Disk to laptop then try to START the laptop then you will find 2 operation system you try to select win2003 Once you click boot with Win2003 Server then your problem will be solved. Now you are logged on with win2003 Operating system. from there you might know the procedure how to start SAP.

Once in external hard disk you will install Win2003 Server then when ever u will connect that external hard disk to your laptop u can see 2 operation systems

1 will be windows vista

2nd will be win2003 server

I think your dough is cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pandu,

what is the best configuration u suggest such that speed is good for ecc 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to install ECC6.0 on external hard.

1) You can do one thing you can buy core 2due with 2GB and 160 GB now ur getting for 33thousand and brand is HP it will be ok then you try to purchase 700GB external hardisk it will cost you around 3500hundred then u connect external harddisk and you try to install win2003server on external harddisk and you install ECC6.0 on external hard disk.

2) When you need to work on ECC6.0 then you can connect the External Hard Disk and you can use ur SAP

I think your problem will be solver by doing this way....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pandu,

thx for replyin

if in external harddisk windows 2003 server & ecc 6.0 is installed &

BUt in laptop if windows vista is there then will sap work -in such a case.

How will be speed if we r using external hard disk.

Pl suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are installing on Windows server 2003 as dual boot on a laptop, and if SAP is installed on your system.. you will have to login into Windows server 2003 Operating system for working in SAP. You cannot use vista as well as windows server 2003 at the same time in this case. However, at times when you dont want to use SAP, you can restart and login into vista and use it as a normal laptop.

Speed will be slow in either case (if you are using a laptop). Because ECC6 will take huge load on the system (it is actually suppose to be installed on a server).

If you are planning to install dual boot on windows vista, you will face some issues.But dual boot on windows XP works fine. One such error is:

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong than ECC6.0 is now 64bit only so make sure you go with 64bit processor like core 2 duo in order to install ECC6.0. You will also require Solution Manager key to install ECC6.0.

V....