cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All Guru's,

I am right now creating authorization roles for all my users. I took the role wise list of T-code from the core users. While creating a role, using PFCG with the t-codes "FAGLL03, F-02, FB50,FB50L, FB09,FB03, FB04,FBV3,FB08,F.80, FBD2, FBD3, FBD4, F.56, FB02, FB09, FB04, FAGLB03", in the "Change Role: Authorizations" screen of PFCG its asking me for the authorization group.

How can I find the authorization group for each activity. Can i Find it on the basis of authorization object and field name?? OR there is some other way to it. Please help

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Anup,you said You are creating roles for users by taking

the required transactions from them.well its all good.

plz mind is While you are creating a new role you need to go

for Expert mode for profile generation and if in future you want

to change the same role go for Change Authorization data.

Now coming to your question->Goto PFCg tcode>create single role,

Menu>transactions>authorizations tab>go for authorization tab>Expert Mode for Profile Generation

then Missing values--->assign full or partial authorization depending on your requirement.

here at anypoint you will not be asked Authorization group.

Regards,

Manjula.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anup,

You can assign Authorization groups to avoid users accessing tables and programs using transactions like SE16 or SA38/SE38.

A user requires not only authorization to execute the tool, but must also have authorization to be permitted to access tables with the relevant group assignments. For this case, tables are assigned to authorization groups. The assignments are defined in table TDDAT; the checked authorization object is S_TABU_DIS.

For example: You can assign a table to authorization group Z000. (Use transaction SM30 for table TDDAT) A user that wants to access this table must have authorization object S_TABU_DIS in his or her profile with the value Z000 in the field DICBERCLS (authorization group for ABAP Dictionary objects).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.