cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal number assignment not defined (please enter number)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am doing 3rd party process ... i had done all the necessary transactions.... when i am creating a Sales Order .. wheli entering Material :Internal number assignment not defined (please enter number) this is the error i am getting.. i am unable get out from this kindly help me out and do the needful.please find the below error of performance assistant.

Message no. 06243

Diagnosis

The system cannot assign a number because internal number assignment has not been defined in this case.

Procedure

Enter a number that lies within the valid number range for the document.

Regards

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhinav

Go to VN01 and maintain your own number range and give that number in the sales document type OR. for internal purpose.Make sure that you have assigned internal & external number ranges for your document type.Now you create the sales order and then save it system will give some number once you save the sales order.

Also check the number range for the material .once you create and save the material it will give some number.Check wheather the number is maintained properly or not for that material type.Go to OMS2 and check the number range assigned to that material type.The error could be bcoz of this material number range also

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

ashish_singhal90
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abinav,

This is due to External number range assignment to your sales document so you give the number in the Standard order field in between the external number range intervals which you have manitained in VN01 transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Nov 15, 2008 7:01 AM

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Nov 15, 2008 7:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

I Had maintained in Sales document type as internal No range and also maintained the same in Vn01.

every thing is correct butstill it is giving same error. kindly help me out in this.

Regards

Abhi