cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Return order Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose i received a return order and on the basis of this order i create a Credi memo.The actual billied amount to the customer is Rs 1260. (Order Qty 10, Material price is Rs 100 , CST is 4% , Service Tax is 12% and Transporttation charge is Rs 100 ) Now the customer is returned 5 materials. So in Credit memo do we have to also credit the Tax amount and Transportation charge to the customer for this returned item( Rs 630) or we only credit the price of the material.

Please guide me what should be the pricing procedure for the returned item.

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I depends on the business to decide of they want to charge for service & transportation for returns.

If yes, then it is better to carry new pricing procedure for the returns scenario.

Define a new doc pricing procedure for the returns & maintain new pricing procedure along with required condition types.

If business doesnot want to charge service charge & transportation & wants to return the cost of service & transportation paid by the customer, then just copy the pricing into the returns order.

So customer will get $ 630 paid for the 5 items in total.

In this case at the copy control from F2 to RE in VTAF --> at the item level pricing type --> cjhoose the option which will copy pricing elements unchanged (I am not sure what option as I am not connected to SAP rightnow).

So if customer returns 5 out of 10 items, he will ger a credit memo of $ 630 (half of total value of $1260 he paid in F2 invoice).

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivanad,

Suppose the scenario is the the company wants to credit ony Tax amount and not Transportation charges what the customer had given before.

So for that i will have to maintain a new pricing procedure which will include Price, and Tax condition types.

My question is when we create a credit memo request or credit memo with ref to the actual invoice then all condition types will be get copied including Transportation Condition Type to the Credit memo dov types..Then How the system will recognize my new credit pricing procedure. In VTAF if i select Carry new pricing the will the system apply my new pricing procedure?

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes, when you select carry new pricing at copy controls in item level, system will consider the new pricing procedure assigned to the returns order type. This is when different pricing procedures are assigned to OR & RE.

There is also 1 option that can go by. In the requirement routine in the pricing procedure, put a condition that the transportation cost is to be considered only if the salesdoc type is OR. So in this case you can use the same pricing procedure for OR & RE order types. Since returns is processed by RE order type, system will not consider transportation cost in returns. You will just credit to the customer the taxes charged in F2 invoice. This option is when you wish to maintain the freight / transportation cost as automatic.

You can also try putting the transportation cost as manual condition type sothat the person who loads the order will enter transportation cost only in OR orders.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U need to Mantain returen pricing procedure. for that u need u need to have separate pricing procedure.

Venkataswamy.