cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Parameters in Print Program & Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an existing Custom Smartform in which I've added two Parameters. The Same Parameters have been populated in the Driver Program & Passed to the Smartform Function Module in the same Program. Now, due to some other Requirement, I had to delete those two Parameters in the Form. However, I am still passing those two Parameters to the SmartForm Function Module in my Driver Program.

Now, when I execute the Print Program to Print the Form, I am not getting any Dump due to inconsistent Number of Parameters for the FM & the SmartForm Variables in the Form Interface.

Please let me know the Reason as to why I am not getting any Dump as there should be a Dump that would occur in this kind of Scenario.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The interface parameters(import,tables..in smartform) declared in the smartform needs to be passed from the driver program to avoid short dump. Sametime it is not necessary that we need to import all the parameters declared in the driver program to the smartform(it wont throw short dump. (Eg case1:- A parameter VAR1 is exported from the driver program & it is not imported in the smartform. Here it wont throw dump).

Thanks,

Jeniphin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the Thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show us your Call function parameters from driver program?

And if you could copy-paste form interface parameter aslo ,this would make our work little easier to figure out the "error".

PS:Here "error" is that, Venkant is not getting Dump

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There are many possibilities I see here actually:

1. If you change anything in the Form Interface, And then save, activate the smartform...you have to call this particular FM in the Print program..not the previous one.

2. Are you passing the parameters in the Import or Tables tab in Form Interface?

And as you are saying it is not throwing any dump, is it working fine?

I feel the first should be the reason as the print program might be calling an FM which is not being used now.

Regards,

Vishwa.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. If you change anything in the Form Interface, And then save, activate the smartform...you have to call this particular FM in the Print program..not the previous one.

No.

The Function modele would remain same if the Smartform is not realeased yet.

after Acivating the smartform again ,if he is using previous FM than also he would get Dump(If the smartform is realeased,and creates new request) somthing saying "Call function not found".

.....And however it is bad programming practice to hard code in FM in Call function '/1BCDWB/SF00000008 '.it should be pass smartform name from any variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. Thats true Amit, we should not hardcode it.

I was just thinking If there is an issue with the FM. I mean whenever I do, as we dont use Smartforms for FI forms, we assign it to nace and we take the help of TNAPR table to populate it....

IF NOT tnapr-sform IS INITIAL.
    lf_formname = tnapr-sform.
  ELSE.
    MESSAGE e001(/ysd01/ssfcomposer).
  ENDIF.

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'
    EXPORTING
      FORMNAME                 = LF_FORMNAME
*   VARIANT                  = ' '
*   DIRECT_CALL              = ' '
   IMPORTING
     FM_NAME                  = LF_FM_NAME
* EXCEPTIONS
*   NO_FORM                  = 1
*   NO_FUNCTION_MODULE       = 2
*   OTHERS                   = 3
  IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.
* MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
*         WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
  ENDIF.

Anyhow, If we come back to Venkat's issue, Actually yeah I am not able to get the reason exactly why it is not throwing a dump.

Regards,

Vishwa.