Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro problem, how to stop rolling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have a problem for the Macro in DP.

scenario: two key figure. A and B.

cell of B of bucket 11/17 is the sum of cell A of bucket 11/14,11/15, 11/16.

However, next day. the bucket 11/17 of cell B in the macro automatically rolls to 11/18. The reqmt is to prevent the time bucket from rolling for B in the macro. In other words, cell B in bucket 11/17 should never change. It should not be rolling automatically to 11/18. It should always equal to the sum of cell A of bucket 11/14,11/15, 11/16.

I tried many settings in the macro itself. e.g. user-defined, data-dependent, turn on and off of automatically column adjustment from-column, processing area, whole table, one bucket, multiple bucket.

The bucket of 11/14, 11/15, 11/16 for A is not rolling, but B of bucket 11/17 is still rolling.

HELP! Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your macro step use Date-Dependent instead of the other options. This stops rolling dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Visu, I already put the Macro Step setting to Data-dependent, but it is still rolling. In the planning book design, data view, I have entered a time bucket profile in the TB Profile ID(Future) and TB Profile ID(Past) box.

However, I found out that if I put some particular day in the Planning Start box. Then the macro will stop rolling. This is what I want. But since I put one particular day in the Planning Start box, the planning book will always show that day when you access the planning book instead of current day.

Then I try to hide columns in the past, I can only find the way to hide one single column but not many columns together.

Any help here?

Thanks,