cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each(EA) to Case(CS) Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We get an Inbound IDOC from the customer to place an order. There customer inputs the quantity in each (EA). As per the client requirement that EACH should convert into CASE (CS) and trigger the sales order.

If customer ordered the material quantity as 432 EACHS in IDOC sales order should trigger as 108 CASES but sales order is triggering as 432 CASES. Manually users are changing 432 CASES to 108 CASES (according to the conversion 4 Each = 1 Case).

Note: In material master we maintained base unit of measure in CASES (CS).

We maintained the calculation in customer master under sales area data u2013 extras u2013 additional data u2013 'Customer Group 3' as Y (Convert UOM customer) and 'Customer Group 4' as EA (convert EACH to CASE). However this conversion is not triggering in the sales order.

Please let me know where I need to check to find why the conversion is not taking place both functional and technical perspective.

Thanks & regards,

Vamsi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

In Material Master, maintain the conversion of UOM in addtional data. In the case that all customer will place an order in quantity as Cases, maintain Sales unit in Material Master as Cases (CS). But in the case, if it is unique to only selected customer, in that case a development may be required.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Our requirement is when customer place order through EDI. Customer orders the quantity in u201CEachu201D this should convert it into Cases at the time of sales order creation. If Customer wants 432 (each) quantity of a material and placed an order through EDI, in sales order it is prompting as 432 (CS). Users are manually converting the 432 cases into 108 cases.

Conversion is 1 CS = 4 EA

In Customer master we maintained the data under sales area data u2013 extras u2013 additional data customer group 3 as Y u2013 u201CConvert UOM Customer" and in customer group 4 as EA u2013 u201CConvert each to casesu201D. Will this would not sufficient for the conversion to take place at the sales order? Do I also need to maintain the above details in Material Master.

FYI: In Material Master we maintained the Base Unit of Measure in CS (cases) and we have not maintained Sales Unit and also we didnu2019t maintain the conversion of UOM in additional data.

I expect some more inputs on this.

Regards,

Vamsi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi

In MMR , basic data1 tab maintain base unit of measure as EA(Each) and sales unit as CS(case) then system will ask the conversion factors between EA and CS , then you give as 4 Each = 1 Case. Then when you create the sales order system will take the sales unit of measure only.Your requirement will be solved

Regards

Srinath