cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC5.2 FF log mass change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Does FF log mass changes done in the backend system with a FF ID? I have logged in as a FF and executed SU10 to do a mass lock of users. However, when I check on the log, I only see that I have trigger the transaction SU10 and did not see the log on what has been done.

Anyone on any suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

you received the information that you have triggered transaction SU10. Then you can use a transaction such as S_BCE_68001439 to get the information about your mass change with FF. You have to restrict your selection on FF user-ID and/or date/time.

I think SAP/VIRSA is right. There are some other nice features where you can't get all information out of the log. Then you have to perform a "normal" SAP transaction to get all information about changes.

Have fun.

Dirk

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a varient be placed/set in the FF background jobs that pulls mass changes into the log reports? We just don't see mass changes performed in custom tables. I know the info resides in the SAP backend somewhere, but how can I (since I am not security or basis) have this info pulled into the log?

Am I on to something here by adding something else to the FF jobs so that I can retrieve all of the change info in the logs?

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SE11, we found that the custom tables in question didn't have logging turned on. So Firefighter couldn't see/show the entire "before" and "after" changes.

Firefighter does track everything, but if a custom tables don't have logging turned on, your Firefighter Log Report won't show the complete data you are expecting to see.

This is a great tool!

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SE11, we found that the custom tables in question didn't have logging turned on. So Firefighter couldn't see/show the entire "before" and "after" changes.

Firefighter does track everything, but if a custom tables don't have logging turned on, your Firefighter Log Report won't show the complete data you are expecting to see.

This is a great tool!

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, I do not find a sloution from GRC that could provide log for mass changes and the possible way of getting it is via the std SAP transaction upon notification that mass changes are done.

If there are others who do find the solution of logging mass changes, pls do post it here so that others who share the same question as I do, gets the update.

Thanks to all who posted here and I do not know why I cannot give 6 points to the last reply. Sorry about that Dirk.

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anymore comments/experience to share?

Would be good to know how GRC support logging of mass change activities.

Thanks.

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are change documents created for the table you are changing? If not, then the detail will not be logged - only the t-code you excecuted (SU10). If so, it will log the table changes.

For example, in most systems, table there are change documents for table MARA so if you change any Material information such as volume or size/dimensions, the exact change will appear in the log report. However, there are no change documents for table RFCDES so if you create a new RFC Destination using SM59, the exact change will not appear in the log report - just that you executed SM59.

Please find additional "change document" help here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c7/69bccff36611d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raymond,

Look at the first option in the FF configuration table (CHGLOG), If you set this parameter, you will be able to see all the materials/Documents that a FF user changes. (By enabling this option SAP will look into the change log table(CDHDR) for the entries under our FF ID's) and I am not really sure whether the log will capture the user master changes in your case.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I dont think SAP GRC Firefighter will give a log on the actual users you have locked in SU10.

You could have mentioned the users you are going to lock in the Reason/Activity for FF usage and it must be approoved by the FF Owners and Controllers.

FF can only give log on the following details:

Transaction Usage summary

Reason/Activity Report

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had encouterd a smilar problem.

1. Can you please go to the " configuration " and ascertian that the "Log changes is YES "

please check this and post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thats checked and confirmed setup. However, as mentioned in teh above, you will get notification that you ran a mass change transaction but you will not be able to get a log that mentioned in details, the mass changes that the FF has executed.

Thanks.

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

No raymond, What ever be the activity it out be logged else there is a problem.

Now can you please go to sm37 and select the fatbak job then double click to see the variants or dates thats being pulled up

also can you please check table /virsa/ZFFTNSLOG ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

In my situation, we use program /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK with no variants and the user who is assigned to the background job has SAP_ALL. Also, the job is schedule on hourly.

Checking in table /virsa/ZFFTNSLOG, I can see that transaction for mass changes (like SU10) is being executed.

Is there specific area that I need to look into?

P.S: Your statement on "Log change", you are refering to "Retrieve Change Log" in the configuration right?

Raymond

Edited by: Raymond on Dec 1, 2008 3:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

"You could have mentioned the users you are going to lock in the Reason/Activity for FF usage and it must be approoved by the FF Owners and Controllers."

In which version of FF did you notice this ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I'm using GRC5.2 FF. Currently we use the "S_BCE_6800####" transactions to show the mass changes.

Thanks for the suggestion on using the approval flow but it would be better if there is a log possibilities as most our activities are done on the weekends or after office hrs (owners and controllers will be out of office by then).

Thanks.

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond :

Firstly apologies for replies in spputers !

Now :

1. Go to "configuration 'tab

2. Enable ' retieve change log" toYES

3. Try to get the job log.

if you still dont get the Output the reasons are follwoing:

a> The job is not scheduled

b.The FF activity was absent

c. The datres are inconsistent ..etc etc..I can guide you a bit more!

d. also Raymond the earleir logging 9 your case SU10 may not be retriveable as te logging itself was absent. BASIS must help you here

-

Second part !

I did not suggest that workflow approach --> I was replying to Kiran as I am yet to encounter in any of the FF verson sIhave worked with and that approach defeats the very purpose of FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Checked and the settings are as you have mentioned above. I trigger the FF log to run after I did a test for mass change. Also, I do see that my schedule job ran in SM37.

In the FF "Log Report", I do see that my transaction SU10 was log, so that remove the possibility about the job. However, the log only show that I run the transaction SU10 and not more details like who I've changed and what activities was done to the users.

From your FF, are you able to log mass changes? Meaning if you executed say SU10 and locked 2-3users, change their "valid till" to 9999...do you see these changes log in the "Log Report"?

Thanks alot for your patient George!!

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raymond :

1. ANY changes done through FF is logged !! there is nothing that prevents that logging of masschanges justbecause its a mass change.

2. If you are trying to retrieve the past data then you will not be able to unless the BASIS pulls it out or you investigate like a cop

3. in SM37 please search for /VIRSA/FATBAK if this job is NOT running then you will have NO logs --this job needs to run every hour in every client where your FFs are present

Former Member
0 Kudos

We notice that mass changes performed in custom tables using SM30 aren't being logged. The most information we receive is the tcode accessed and nothing that concerns the mass changes.

Our current workaround is have the person invoking the FF ID paste their information into the Firefighter Activity "Free Text" box. Anyone know of a fix?

Regards,

Greg