cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SOA in SAP - What to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First I have to say that Iu2019m new to SAP and so I am a bit in the dark at the moment.

To my problem:

I have a RFID-Reader that recognises movements of products (RFID-Tags). Tags can be added or tags can be removed. Now I want to send these movements via Web Service to the SAP system where the location information should be changed. Maybe from u201CRACK 16u201D to u201CTRANSPORT UNITu201D to u201CRACK 5u201D. There should be 2 Web Services: one for u201Cadd productu201D and 1 for u201Cremove productu201D.

In short:

Tag movement -> create Web Service message -> SAP: consume Web Service message, register product movement

Now I actually donu2019t know where to start and what to do. What I know is:

- I have to provide a Web Service in SAP

- I should use Enterprise SOA

- Product movement is not done via direct access to a database but business objects

I hope this information will be enough to give me some hints what I have to do and maybe where I can find the right information.

Thanks a lot!

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i understand from your requirement: u want to create product and remove product in SAP sytem from an external system using web service of SAP.if i am wrong correct me.If i am correct then create web service in sap system by using BAPI,RFC etc then use Trnx: SOAMANAGER to get URL and WSDL of Web service.

call this web service using proxy in the external system.

For SOA search threads and SAP HELP you will get a lot of information.

Regards

Snehasish

Edited by: Snehasish Das on Nov 21, 2008 7:32 PM

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As a start to the SOA topic I would recommend reading [Service-Oriented Architecture in a Nutshell |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/enterprisesoa?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e044d87c-ebab-2a10-6482-cd4ff5fa4828].

Also there is lots of information about building web services and everything else regarding SAP SOA iincluded in the [Starter Kit for SOA|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/starterkitforsoa].

If you have RFCs ready on your system that offer you the functionality you need, you should also have a look at the so called "inside-out approach" where you basically wrap existing functionality in a web service.