cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SOST/SCOT Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

I am in the process of configuring the SCOT so that users can send mail to the Email ids from the SAP System

I have configured the same and i have scheduled the job.

But when i execute the job i get the following error

Processing was terminated in the SAP system. The reason is given in the details below:

No ESMTP Plug-In Is Available for SAPconnect

Application Server Used by the Send Process:

<Server Name>

(Schedule Send Process on App.Server with Plug-In)

I have refered note no 455140 and 421359, but did not get any solution

My ICM is running.

Please let me know of what can be the reason and how to resolve it

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Even I am in the same situation of configuring SMTP and i have configured the SCOT using the note 455140 and I am getting the same error message when I am sending the message.

Did your problem with configuration get solve, if so please guide me.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

My ICM is running.

My SMTP details in SMICM-->Services tell me that SMTP service info not available

I have following parameters configured

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8070

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25

Please let me of how to resolve it

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the log in SMICM.

I see the following message

[Thr 3599] Started service 8070 for protocol HTTP on host "sapsmn"(on all adapters) (processing timeout=60, keep_

*[Thr 3599] *** ERROR => NiIBindSocket: SiBind failed for hdl 7 / sock 21*

(SI_EADDR_NAVAIL/13; I4; ST; 0.0.0.0:25) [nixxi.cpp 3174]

*[Thr 3599] *** ERROR => IcmBindService: You might not have the permissions to bind the service: sapsmn:25 [icxxse*

*[Thr 3599] *** ERROR => IcmBindService: NiBuf2Listen failed for host sapsmn:25 (rc=-16): NIEMYHOST_VERIFY [icxxse*

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me ask you, are you planning on using the inbound mail functionality, if no then please remove the SMTP PORT = 25 from the profile, then it falls back to default SMTP "0", which is for outbound process.

Restart the SAP system and check to see in SMICM you have SMTP Port is active with "0".

Make sure you work with Exchange Server Team to allow your server was able to send messages to your mail server.

That should take care of your ESMTP error issue and permission problem connecting to Mail server.

Hope this helps,

Kalyan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Kindly add the permission on your mail server(Relay server) with the help of Exchange Team and check.

Regards,

Rahul.