Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authoriztion for a function module

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having problem assigning authorization for the RFC function Module Z_GET_META_OO that requires both S_TABU_DIS and Z_EIP_TABL.

The below given values provide the least possible restrictions for S_TABU_DIS, which allow users to view metadata for any table in the system.

ACTVT: 03

DICBERCLS: *

How can I assign this authorization to a user?

Regards,

Praveen.K.O

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You need to give the Authorizations to the RFC function module via the Auth Object S_RFC.

Also when a remote call of a function module is made, an automatic authorization check is performed, provided that the profile parameter auth/rfc_authority_check is set to 1.

The authorization check uses the authorization object S_RFC to check whether the user defined in the destination has RFC authorization for the function group of the called function module.

So I think you need to add S_RFC in the role along with S_TABU_DIS

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try assigning only dicbercls 'SC' and any specific table group your application wants to read (or it will become visible) and see whether that works.

=> [SAP Note 1012218|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1012218]

Cheers,

Julius