cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the function of exeU and runU directories?

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Newbie question sorry ....

What is the purpose of the directory /sapmnt/<SID>/exeU ? It appears to contain many of the same file as /sapmnt/<SID>/exe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes - I recently upgraded the kernel to version 247.

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need clarificaton.

1.) I am running a non-unicode kernel. So the question remains why is there a /sapmnt/<SID>/exeU directory? It is possible that a Unicode kernel was installed by mistake and this created the exeU directory. If that is the case I should be safe in deleting the exeU directory becuase I'm running a non-unicode kernel.

2.) If the exeU directory is a mirror of the exe directory - why are the files within them different? For example my startsap script is different in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe and /sapmnt/<SID>/exeU

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually i have to rectify my previous answer... exeU directory seems like is created when you run and Upgrade on the system.

Have your system been upgraded?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the location where your kernel files are located/mirrored , So kernel will be taking care of the communication between your Operating System and the Application(SAP). Here is a link for better under standing about various applications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/dc863f455f3417e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Hari.