cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down selection in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 1 column as drop down in a table.

The values in the Drop Down are Unit of Measure such as " One 1".

When i save the value at the backend it is getting saved as"One 1" where as i want to save it as "1" only.

How this break up can be achieved ??

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by using drop down by index and check once.

Regards

Padma N

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you populating the dropdown in Table ?

if you using the DropDownByKey binded with attribute of simple type .

just in enumeration of simple type make the enumeration value as "1" and enumeration text as "One 1";

hope it helps you !

Regards,

ramesh

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I suppose you have mapped a context attribute to the drop down and the attribute has a value set associated which contains pairs key-value. The texts you see in the drop down are the values but the value stored in the context attribute is the key. So, for example, you can have the pair 1 (key) / One 1 (value) and the key "1" will be saved in the backend.

But if your key is something like "AB001" instead "1" it should be the same for you, why do you want "1" to be saved in the backend? if it is a key, any value can be useful...

If you want to get the substring "1" from ths string "1" you must index from the value set the pair "1" / "One 1" and extract the substring "1" from the string "One 1".

Maybe this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Drop Down by key ...and the values are coming from backend (BAPI). So how can i enumerate the corresponding values.

Moreover... 'One 1' is being taken as '1' only at the backend..

How to use it at frontend ?

Thanks,

Nikhil