cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user defined functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

give me some exapmle scenarios for simple and advanced user defined functions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sarvesh singh,

thanks for ur answering.

i was already gone through the sap help,but i need in which situation we 'll implement udf's which was not done by standard functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When can we go for UDF.

As the name UDF is self explainotry "User Defined Function". It means that whenever in mapping your requirement is not fulfilled by the standard functions, the we think about UDF creation for mapping. UDF can be used in complex situations like:

1. If you are having a scenario IDoc to File, and in which you are sinding some account information like sumrized amount (per GL Account Number) to file, then standard function will not help you. In this case you have to go for an UDF.

2. It can also be used for R/3 lookups, to searching any value in R/3 tables. (But it creates performance issue, since every time you run your scenario it will hit the R/3 database which is not good).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sarvesh singh,

in those situations, how we would solve?can u explain step by step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

For 1st one you have to create UDF as per need. But in case of 2nd you can go for Value mapping Replication, which will be good instead of using RFC Lookup.

Value mapping Replication

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (0)