Did you mean: 

Delivery date

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi-

I have a small doubt in Delivery date.

( Actually i need suggestion from all).

While customer place order- customer gives RDD ( requested delivery date), then system do backward/forward scheduling & according that it confirms the delivery date.

eg:

Customer RDD - 25th Nov - ( means,goods should be reach to customer on 25th Nov)

System confirms -25th NOv-- as per avaialbility.

In this case, system allows me to create delivery on 25th -transit duration is 3 days- where as goods reach to customer on 28th- where as 25th goods should at the customer door as per customer req.

my doubt is :Confirmed delivery date is to generate delivery document or is it the date the goods reached to the customer door?

what should i do - to deliver the goods to customer on his RDD

plz confirm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Backward scheduling

If the requested delivery date is 10 days from now say 24.11.2008 and transit time is 2 days say loading time is 1 day and pick pack time is 2 days and transportation planning time is 3 days the material should be available on 9.11.2008

see pick pack time and transportation planning time run parallelly and the highest of these two is taken for delivery scheduling 24.11.2008-2-1-3=18.11.2008

If enough material is available 18.11.2008 in unrestricted stock then system confirms the delivery date as 24.11.2008 which is equivalent to customers requested delivery date 24.11.2008

If the material is not available on18.11.2008 then forward scheduling starts

Coming to your case

Confirmed delivery date should match with requested delivery date is backward scheduling which includes transit,loading.transportation planning time, and pick pack time

Hope this is clear to you

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 14, 2008 5:40 PM

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

i guess u r away from the issue-

am not asking how backward/forward scheduling work in SAP.

As per above replies-

CDD is nothing but a delivery date on which material is available for delivery.It is clear that CDD is the date to create delivery- but it doesnt mean that goods reach the customer door. But i would like to create a delivery excluding transit duration- so that the goods should be available on CDD.

Hope its clear-

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks- to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

i think no body got ur q's prpoperly.

even i was having the same doubt. now here ur refering the selection date in delivery creation, which u can change according to ur wish.

now u can have this selection date based on ur loading date...

hope it helps

regards

suresh sangoju

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi suresh,

this selection date which u mentioned is nothing but the "confirmed delivery date" in sales order - schedule lines.

This can be changed only in the sales order.but not at the time of delivery creation.

here,

My issue is

Confirmed Delivery date :- means, date at which the goods available at the customers' door.

as per the availability check , system proposes

Material avaialble date(MAD) + goods in transit ( route) = Confirmed delivery date.

Actually , you can change the CDD on or after the MAD in sales order - schedule line.

Now, create delivery on MAD date, from here after 3 days (goods in transit), goods will be available to customer, which is nothing but CDD.

eg: RDD: 25th Nov, CDD: 22nd ( MAD= 19th, goods in transit = 3 days ).

Change CDD:19th,

while creating delivery, selection date:19th, Actual/Planned GI date: 19th, Goods in Transit:3 days

on 22nd customer receives the goods.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls clarify why do you create a delivery on CDD

Suppose assume that we have to deliver a customer today 14.11.2008 and if you are having or defined transit time as 2 days then the goods should be leaving your plant on 12.11.2008 itself

If you are telling that i am creating delivery today only i.e 14.11.2008 you are manually overruling the delivery schedule proposed by the system

Why do you do that?

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Requested Delivery Date" is the date on which customer wants to receive the goods. It is the customer's wish.

"Confirm delivery date" is the date on which, goods reaches the customer.

"Requested delivery date" may or may not be same with the "confirm delivery date" and to understand this we need to discuss the delivery scheduling in a simple way.

I may or may not be able to meet his requested delivery date of the customer keeping all the lead times( Transit time, Loading time, Transportation Planning time, Pick/pack time) into consideration.

As my customer, I will always try to meet his requested delivery date ofcourse, but all the time it may not be possible.

System helps me in checking this through "Delivery scheduling".

System as principle always starts with "Backword Scheduling " first.

In Backword Scheduling, it takes the "Requested delivery date" into consideration and calculates backward by adding all the lead times as mentioned above.

Ultimately, it calculates the *"Material Availability date" and the "Transportation planning date"

.*If the both the above dates are after the order date and the material is also available on the "Material av date", then only the "Requested delivery date" can be kept or confirmed.

That means, in this scenario, we can keep the customer's request and here "Requested delivery date" and "Confirm delivery date" are same.

But, evenif one of the above date is earlier then the "Order date" OR material is not available on the "Material availability date", then customer's Requested delvery date can not be kept or can not be confirmed.

In such case system immediately starts with "Forward Scheduling".

It starts calcualting forawrd from the "New material availabillity date" and calculates parallel to the time by adding all lead times and ultimately gives the "Confirm delivery date".

In the schedule line of the item , you will get two schedule lines when Forward scheduling is done.

First schedule line corrosponds to the customer's "Requested delivery date" with no confirm quantiy (zero quantity).

Second schedule line corrosponds to the "Confirm delivery date" with confirm quantity.

I hope it is clear now.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This means that the customer will not get his stocks on CDD if at all any transit time is mentioned in Route

He will get it only only after transit time

In simple you are manually doing a forward scheduling

Regards

Raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My goods in transit time is included in CDD.

If i create delivery on CDD. then when it will reaches to customer- ?

From CDD in Sales order - I pressume that goods will be there at customer door. But i create delivery on CDD. But its not reaching to customer , infact its leaving from my plant.

I know it looks simple interms of system. but in practical its not as simple as it looks.i feel so

Edited by: SAP Consultant- on Nov 14, 2008 6:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

*Confirm delivery date is the date on which goods reaches the customer and CDD is determined by the system through Delivery scheduling*.

I hope you have not gone through my posting.

In Delivery scheduling, these dates has to be understood.

*Order date* -- Date on which order is placed

Material Availability date --- On this date sufficient goods must available to start the shipping processing.

Transportation planning date --- On this date transportation planning should start.

Loading date --- On this date picked /packed goods must be ready and loading should begin.

Goods issue date --- On this date loading is finished and goos leaves for the customer to reach him on the confirm delivery date.On this date goods leaves physically for the customer.

Lead times

"Material av date" to " Loading date" -

Pick/Pack time

Transportation planning date" to "Loading date" -

Transport planning time

"Loading date" to "Goods issue date" -

Loading time

"Goods issue date" to "Confirm delivery date"----

TRANSIT TIME

Goods to reach the customer on the confirm del date, shipping processing is started on either the "Material av date" or "Tr planning date" , whichever is earlier.

Edited by: pradyumna on Nov 14, 2008 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

see the next message

Edited by: Sam C on Nov 14, 2008 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry 4 late reply. First u have to check what route the system has determined in the sales order as per the configuration.Next u have to check the trasit time maintained in that route.I your case it will be 3 days.Now in the sales order in the item->schedule line tab , below u ll get 3 buttons.Choose shipping and you will get what's the goods issue date and delivery date system has determined.In your case goods issue date should be 22nd and delivery date should be 25th.

Sam

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sir

Confirmed delivery date is the date the customer will receive delivery

Not the date in which goods are ready for delivery as understood by you

I guess if you had more clarity on backward and forward scheduling you may not had this doubt

This is why i was to explain you about backward and forward scheduling

I am sure of my understanding and my answer

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 14, 2008 5:49 PM

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I accept that CDD is the date - goods will be available at customer's door.

But in system ,we r creating delivery on CDD, - do u mean its available to customer when u create delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Confirm delivery date is date when material is readt to leave plant

Regards

San

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sam

n where we can see- the date when it receives to the customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hav u put the trasit duration in the route? in that case system should have told u that the goods issue date should be 22nd.In the present scenario what is the goods issue date ( not the delivery date ) that system is proposing?

Sam

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam -

THanks for reply-

can you tell me how this happens

i mean,

Confirmed delivery date CDD- 25th Nov ( including goods in transit)

So u mean, Confirmed delivery date - is differs with Goods Issue date.

Here my CDD is including goods in transit. but here i create delivery on CDD only. that means goods leave from my premises on that CDD. but it reached to customers after 3 days only.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In backward scheduling transit time is also taken into account

The confirmed delivery date means the date he will receive the goods which includes transit time

100% sure of this answer

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 14, 2008 5:19 PM