Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Level - Derived roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a "new" field as an organizational level using the program PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

It seems has worked well and the existing roles with this field changed accordingly.

Now I want to created a derived role based on one of this fixed roles. The problem is that in the derived role does not appear the auth object associated to this "new" organizational level.

Some idea what can be the problem and how can I get fixed?

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks

FedeX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fedex,

I would suggest you to do the following steps:

Generate the Parent role of the derived roles so that the new Org level Auth objects appear in the Derived roles.

Once the new Org level Objects appear, then maintain them with appropriate values in the derived roles.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fedex,

I would suggest you to do the following steps:

Generate the Parent role of the derived roles so that the new Org level Auth objects appear in the Derived roles.

Once the new Org level Objects appear, then maintain them with appropriate values in the derived roles.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the new org level shown in the "fixed" role (master role)?

If not, the PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE failed.

You can also check table USORG. Is the field shown here?

You know that you have to run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in every client because it changes the roles?

I suppose you unchecked the "Test run" checkbox in PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

Regards

Rainer