cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress analysis=RA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

This question it may not be standard and qualityu2026but im having doubt plz clarify

u2026..RA will use to know the POC.

u2026Progress analysis to know what?

u2026.When RA is available u2026u2026u2026..why we need progress analysisu2026is required?

If its possible can explain me or provide link of PROGRESS ANALYSIS configuration.and how to activate.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. RA Definition & Example:

Result Analysis will give calculated revenue / Cost in the Projects. This will give WIP of the Projects which will be taken into FI Book to consider Project Profitability.

E.g. Consider a scenarios where Project duration is 12 months & billing will happen after 3 months only. But actual Cost will incure in the projects after execution of the Projects. As per contract, actual revenue will come into project after 3 months i.e. Billing. Hence in the first month, there will be no actual revenue where as there will be actual cost & this will show project as Loss. To avoid this, we can recognise revenue of the Projects based on actual cost incurred. Whenever we will run RA, for the projects this will provide calculated revenue which will be settled to cost object.

2.Progress Analysis for Progress monitoring

Progress Analysis Config....

1. Create Progress Version 101 with exclusive use 'Progress Analysis' and select Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - '0'

b) EV basis - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

c) POC weighting - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs- Create three SKFs 10 (Non-Aggregated POC), 20 (Aggregated POC) and 30 (POC for RA) with unit of measure '%' and selected the Key value category 'Total values'.

4. Assign these SKFs to different value categories. I created three value category 10, 20 & 30 with selection 'SKF with total values' and unit of measure '%'. Then I assigned SKF 10 to VC 10, SKF 20 to VC 20, SKF 30 to VC 30

5. Assign measurement method as default value:

a) WBS (Plan) - Cost Proportional

b) WBS (Actual) - Cost Proportional

c) Internal Activity (Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Internal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Exernal activity(Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Exernal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

6. Create progress cost element '6511100' (Secondary cost element) with Cost element category as 61.

7. Maintain a value catagory 6511100 with Cost radio button selected and assigned the progress cost element to the value catagory. i.e Cost element 6511100 to value catagory 6511100.

8. Maintain the assignment of cost element group. ie. assigned progress cost elemnt to cost element group with default radio button selected. In the cost element group, select certain cost elements which are used for project materials, project manhours, project contracts, spares etc)

9. Run CJEN first then CNE1 and CNE5.

Also u need to maintain progress version for all ur project activities under the tab "Progress" tab.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts......(Venkat,Hemanth)

Thanx for your valuable replies.

Venkat sir if its possible can u list the TCodes in config on Progress analysis.

I have rewarded points.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

RA calculates POC from planned cost/revenue and actual cost/revenue (depending on method). The calculated POC is taken into account to calculate WIP/Inventory results for project.

While in progress analysis you can use different methods to track your project "progress ", it can be based on time, cost,estimation.... You get to know earned values from it.

You can use progress analysis POC in RA.. there is a separate method for this.

RA is a controlling activity to calculate WIPs and progress analysis is project specific.

Regards