Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Imported Transport Request have blank short text

mikaellayuk
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

After we migrated our R/3 system, I have to import manually some TRs from our old system to the new system. The import process running well but if I run transaction code STMS_IMPORT, the short text field is blank.

How can I display the short text?

Thank you.......

Regards,

MAL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The short text issue occurs if the transport was created in a different language like if the transport was created in French and you are displaying in English. So if you need the short text goto that language and diaplay the transport.

regards,

Pravash Raikar

mikaellayuk
Participant
0 Kudos

I have used english in both system, existing and migrated system, but the problem still occurs.

Thank you..

Regards,

MAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the link i .e. given by Manjula:

"Change request short text

The owner and short text can only be displayed if:

the transport request exists in the logon system

the source system of the change request is contained in the transport domain.

this change request has already been imported into an SAP System in the transport domain, and this system is located on the transport route before the SAP System for which the import queue is displayed.

"

If these above are not in your case then you can try by upgrade the GUI version and patch level.

take a try.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Edited by: Satyabrat Mohanty on Nov 17, 2008 12:34 PM

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There would be no such thing that Short text is not

displayed .Ok for testing you create a request give

description and try to import the same .I am sure

you can see short text.It depends on the users whether

they gave any description to the Requests or not.

go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/44/b4a3777acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Manjula.

mikaellayuk
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is in the old system, the short text in the imported TRs can be displayed. But if I transport the TRs into the new system, the short text can not be displayed.

I have copied the data and cofiles file for the TRs and put it to the right folder in new syste.

Thank you...

Regards,

MAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

sometime short text is missing, but when you start importing the TPs the short text may appear.

cheers,

-Sunil