cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRM: Automatic task creation after transfer order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running under SAP R/3 Enterprise (patch level SAPKGPAB09) and I was wondering whether is possible creating the first task after transfer order creation, I mean without using monitor or scheduling a job with program RLTRQSCHEDULER.

After reading this oss note below I believe this is possible ("or using the automatic task creation at Transfer Order creation"), but how I can manage to get it solved? I'm missing some custo? under my patch level is not feasible?

Note 1177885 - RLTRQSCHEDULER: Several Requests to One Task doesn't work

Summary

Symptom

Using the TRM scheduler (transaction SE38, report RLTRQSCHEDULER) to create the tasks, you get one task per request item whereas the request items should have been grouped into one task (Several Requests to One Task).

Nevertheless, with an equivalent request data set, using the manual task creation from the TRM Monitor (transaction LTRMS) or using the automatic task creation at Transfer Order creation, you get the expected result.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I am not so far as you, actually I can't create a Task via a TO in TRM monitor. My TO from LES is now in TRM monitor, and if I create a Task manuelly I got the message: Task creation for transfer order PL1 0000000945 successfully completed! But there is no Task created, the Table LTKPL is empty. Is there any customizing missing, or what is the problem? Thanks a lot.

Lifang.

Edited by: Lifang Zhou on Nov 26, 2008 1:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the magnificent message from SAP telling you all is ok and i'ts not....

This could happen for several missing customizing points:

I will list, I think most of them:

1) check in Define Nodes and Entries/exits to/from Zones. For instance, if you deined a node for inbounds, check you have a zone linked, by now only use a simple case with one node, and let working in both directions

2) then, make sure you have defined your working area, in case of an inbound, you should have defined a working area with source zone (902...) to final destination, first check with a destination zone defined as storage (forget transfers zones by now).start with simplest case

3) if you defined new entry zones, different names as the ones defined by SAP (902..) check in enhance warehouse management objects:

*maintain storage types

*maintain staging areas

in both cases check for movement type 902/916 you have assigned your new inbound zones

4) check your resources and assign wiorking areas to work (this is not ncessary in order to create tasks)

5) remember to execute transaction LROUT for your site, check LROUT table then

6) well, I guess you have defined the stoarges bins with the values needed (assign zones to storage bins, coordenates... check consistency program

and I recommend you to cancel your trasnfer order, and after checking all this, create new ones.. check values in LRQSI (requisition for task)... and then try to execute again task creation...

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thank you very much for your nice answer! Now I executed my first task! The problem was I didn't define a mode in TRM Monitor Method. But your suggestion was also very helppful!

Now I am fighting with one request to several tasks, it should be controled through SCHEDULER, but where can I define my SCHEDULER? Do you have some tipps?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day!

Lifang.

former_member675886
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I've seen your posts and I would like some help regarding task creation in TRM Monitor.

All configuration needed to TRM works has been done. So I had created a TO through MB1C - 501 mov.type in IM without inbound delivery but this TO isn't showing in TRM Monitor.

Is requirement to create an inbound delivery to create a task in TRM? Could you please to list all necessary steps to create a task from TO generation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

William Teixeira

São Paulo, Brazil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Don't forgtet to check that the TO is setup for two step confirmation and the movement has been flagged as active in TRM.

It is also possable to create Task from TO's automatically but you will need to use the BAdi

LTRM_TO_RQST_CHANGE

[;

Thanks James

former_member675886
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My problem was solved! It was missing the storage type confirmation config.

Thanks all !!!

Cheers,

William