SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Ledger Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain why we are using transfer account in Posting area 0100.

When this entry will be updated and where it will be updated.

Thanks.

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

That transfer account does exactly what the help says it does:

"When summary records are transferred from contract accounts receivable and payable to the general ledger, a document split may be required if not all the items in a G/L document could be posted in one document (due to the limited number of items in a G/L document). G/L documents then do not usually have a zero balance. Posting to a transfer account will result in a zero balance."

Let's say you transfer to FI a reconciliation key having 1000 lines. This means the FI document should have 1000 lines. But the FI document only accepts 500 lines (I don't really know the exact number, this is just an example). So you need at least 2 FI documents to be generated. But picking 500 lines from the reconciliation key may result in a FI document with a balance different from zero (credit amount not equal to debit amount). So the system will add a line in the first document with the difference to the transfer account, then start the next document with a similar line for that transfer account.

More exactly

Document 1:

... (lines with amounts and G/L accounts)

balance: 1000 units on debit, 900 units on credit equal unbalanced document

system adds a line with: transfer account - 100 units on credit, resulting in balance of the document 1 being zero.

Document 2:

line with transfer account - 100 units on debit (to balance the 100 units of credit from document 1)

Of course, there may be more than 2 documents, which will complicate the filling of that particular line, but the principle is described above.

Hope this helps,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I'd say the question is incomplete. I'm not sure what you are looking for.FICA is sub-ledger and you need to transfer the items to Ledger i.e. FI-GL.

If this is not what you are looking for, please be more clera in your query.

Rgds

Rajendra