0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please share your experience on the SCM 5.1/SCM2007:

Upgrade from APO 3.0 to SCM 5.1

Upgrade from APO 3.1 to SCM 5.1

Upgrade from SCM 4.0 to SCM 5.1

Upgrade from SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.1

Upgrade from SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1

Is any one doing upgrade APO 3.0 to SCM 5.1? As per me, It will be most challegeable.

Regards,

Anjali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I am upgradeing my SCM system from SCM5.0 to SCM 7.0 with SR1.

For this i have upgraded my source kernal to latest patch level.My souce system is having non-unicode kernal.

For upgrade i have downloaded upgrade master DVD,kernal of SCM7.0 with EHP1, as somebody told me SCM7.0 requires kernal 701. Alos i have downloaded fix and latest sapup version.The SAPup version which i am using is unicode.

My operating system is windows X64bit 2003 server.

Before starting the upgrade i need to set the java env variable by "STARTUP.BAT jce_policy_zip=<path to JCE policy archive>".

Then i go to directory /usr/sap/<SID>/upg/sdt/exe , then i run the file DSGui.bat, after running this file the pop comes asking to enter local host name and TCP/IP port. I have selected the default one andc lick on ok , it again asks the SSL certificate goes ahed when i clicked on ok.

when i have started the fiest phase of upgrade, i asks me the keyword and path for downlod directory.

After some time in extraction phase of upgrade it throws error as -

"Error during create process of D:\usr\sap\SC2\SYS\exe\run\R3trans -V "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warish,

It would be your kind help if you provide me with the details of the upgrade steps.

Also the I have downloaded the upgrade files from service marketplace and could not find the exact no as per the medialist as it does not have any number mentioned to be downloaded.

I have downloaded the following cds

1. 51032928: SAP SCM 2007 Upgrade Export 1 of 6

2. 51033041_12: SAP SCM 5.1 Upgrade Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

From Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Application Components" SAP SCM" SAP SCM 7.0

3. 51036985 : SAP SCM 7.0 SR1 Upgrade Export 1 of 5

4. 51036983: SAP SCM 7.0 SR1 Languages 1 of 4

Does 1 is required in this case( from 5.1 to 7 sr1). I mean could be please give me a overview of the dvds require to be downloaded and steps from start.

Your help will be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sekh and others:

I am installing SCM2007 on Win 2003 X64 Enterprise. I was told it installs on X32 only. Is it true? I have to settle for VMWare to virtualize the x64 hardware into x32 to install SCM.... please shed some light on this... thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCM7.0 only install on X64 . Kindly read master guide and installation guide for thorough understanding .

Thanks ,

Arun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

For SAP APO hardware requirement.

Processor : Intel

Mother Board : Intel / or other (not mercury )

RAM : 2 GB

HD : Min 80 GB

Regards,

Pullaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

An upgrade is inevitable given the licensing and the limited support that SAP will provide for older versions. The SCM 5.0 version functionally will be able to cover every functionality that was available in SCM 4.0. If you want to use the additional functionality that is available in SCM 5.0 and scope some work based on that you can take a look at the release notes that is available on help.sap.com in the SCM 5.0 area.

The technical assessment will be available in the "system requirements" that can be located in the service marketplace.

The upgrade master guide will have the technical as well as some of the typical functional steps to be carried out during the upgrade. In addition please check notes OSS "832393 - Release Restrictions for SCM 5.0", "853797 - Actions to perform in DP after you upgrade to SCM 5.0" and "865334 - Upgrade SCM 5.0 Macros in DP and SNP."

I hope its helpful for you.

Regards,

Pullaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

3.0 to 5.1 is a big leap. ~ Have you considered a seperate instance of hardware and just doing a vanilla implementation for 5.1 rather than an upgrade? That would eliminate the unicode step and also give a fresh look toward PDS if you are that daring!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. Yes we have considered the hardware and major funcationality changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can you just give the HARDWARE requirement for SCM5