0 Kudos

I want to develop a Webdynapro page ,which has

Employee Name Text input field

Company list dropdown.

Deaprtment List dropdown

Save Button

English / French Button.

If User clicks French ,

All labels and data in dropdowns should be populated with French list data.

If User selects Company dropdown - onchange event should fire to retrive Department data in French/English Based On Language Selection button.

If there is no data in SAP for given Company selection ,a message from sap need to be shown in respective language.

In Future in addition to French/English application should support for any other languages

Any thoughts/ suggestions on such requirment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I don't think this is possible in webdynpro, mainly because the language depends on the language you are logged in with. That language can not be changed during a webdynpro session. The user would have to re-login.

Maybe this would work.....

1. change the login language of a user (using an RFC)

2. restart the webdynpro application using navigation.

Jeschael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer "Internationalization of webdynpro applications" -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c6cfad90-0201-0010-a5b8-8f948634...

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too started Internationalization Using Webdynpro.Now is the problem is while creating JCO.Which language i have to give while creating JCO destination.

I want French and English.Here the user changes the language through application.

How to resolve this issue??

Regrads

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well normally the SAP-standard RFCs fill in the sy-langu as the value for the language selection. That is the language the user is logged on with. You can do the same with the none-standard RFCs.

To change the Connection with the JCO on the fly using webdynpro is not possible as far as I know. You could try to find the connection your model is using, change the language and reset it. A new connection is then created. I know the last part works, just don´t know if you can change the connection language that way. Still I wouldn´t expect the texts on screen to change automatically.

J