cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a "Transaction in progress" screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to replace (in ITS) the current waiting screen (a moving ball or something like that) with something else?

We have a transaction that takes a long time to display. It's not a problem in the ITS, it's just how the transaction is - assume that it can't be optimized (for many reasons) or changed.

We want to display (in EP 6) a screen warning the user. This transaction is being displayed with a standard ITS iView (SAPGUI for HTML).

Can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

The content of the waiting screen can be found in a html page called hourglass.html. This file is located where the ITS mimes are stored:

For ITS 6.20 the path would be:

...\sap\its\mimes\system\[theme 99|2002]\page\hourglass.html

(For the integrated ITS releases the path is similar.)

You can change this file according to your needs, but please be aware that in case of problems the support will ask you to take back all customization changes first and restore the original files before it will analyse your problem.

Also with each upgrade to a new ITS patchlevel these files will be overwritten by the installer and have to be changed manually again to get back your customized content.

Best regards,

Henning

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henning, I tried that already, the problem however is not with the hourglass itself, but rather with the time it takes ITS to display it. Instead of displaying it inmediately, it takes a long time, and until the hourglass is shown, a blank screen is displayed in the portal.

I fixed it by replacing the ITS URL with one for a custom little program which display a "Waiting" HTML and then redirects to the real ITS. At least now I get the "Waiting" message inmediately, and I don't have to modify my current iViews (I have hundreds of ITS iViews, so changing them all to display a custom .jsp, etc wasn't an option).

Still, I'm not happy with the solution, but it works.