cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeout in synchronous SOAP-Proxy communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous SOAP-Proxy communication (3rd party - XI - ERP). 3rd party is always the initiator of the communication.

Is there a general rule about who should set a timeout? Does it should be set by a 3rd party, XI, or ERP? In our scenario it shouldn't be longer than 30 seconds.

If it needs to be set on SAP side, where it should be defined? On XI or on ERP, or on both systems?

Which SAP parameter is used for setting the timeout for synchronous communication that does not affect other already working ways of communication, like asynchronous.

Thanks for answers.

Janos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The timeout property needs to be set at XI level. For SOAP sender timeout check sap note no. 856597 which reads as The default timeout value for synchronous calls is 5 minutes. You can increase this value by setting parameter XI.Timeout in the module parameter table of the SOAP adapter. The value must be given in milliseconds. For example, value 600000 represents the timeout value of 10 minutes. This parameter is not recognized in systems prior to SP13.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx, and sorry for my late reply.

I have a PI system running on SP12. How to handle timeouts in this case?

Thanx, Janos

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the note no.,there must be some patch to be downloaded. i dont hv access right now.

thanks.

Answers (0)