cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Printing of Excise Invoice - Update Error

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We wish to configure Automaic Printing of Excise Invoice.

-- We have activated "Print Immediately" Option in Output type.

-- We have also activated same option in Print Parameters of the Billing (V3) for that particular Invoice Type.

-- We have also created condition record for the sales organization & Billing Type with the option "Print immediately" in VV31.

After these settings, whenver we create commercial invoice, we get invoice number after invoice is saved ( which we usually get at the left bottom of the screen). But this invoice number does not get updated in VBRK table. If we try to view newly created commercial invoice, system throws the error -> "Express document "Update was terminated" received" in SAP Office Express Info.

Can you please helps us with this problem?

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have made all the necessary configurations for printing the Excise invoice correctly, first of all your Excise invoice itself is not getting created, check that part. Once you are able to create the Excise invoice correctly then the output will be generated automatically.

As you clearly stated that you are not able to see the invoice number in the VBRK table, then how come the output will be processed, first make sure that you can create the excise invoice correctly afterthat you can think of the output.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Thanks for the reply. Can you throw some light on update error? What can be the reason for the same?

I also wish to inform here that if we select " Periodic Job" option for the printout , invoice gets generated successfully.( No update error) But this option will not solve our problem of Automatic Printing of Invoice.

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before the Invoice number is getting generated itself, it might have triggered your driver program. In the driver program they are going to write a select statement which on the VBRK table and it might be throwing an update error.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Thanks again. I will debugg the same with the help of ABAP colleague & get back to the same thread next week.

Regards

Nikhil

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahesh, SELECT statements never cause an update termination error. Update termination may only be caused by an update process. An incorrect SELECT may cause a short dump, which is very different from the update termination. In most cases though, even if SELECT doesn't find anything, it will just set SY-SUBRC variable.

To author: go to SM13 transaction, it will give you full information on where the update termination happened and why. Some background on this - all activities related to output run in a separate update process. This is done specifically so that we could save an invoice even if there is some kind of a problem with output.

From your first post, I was under the impression that update termination happened when SAP tried to create a record in NAST table. However, if you're saying that it works fine with "background job" option, it is most likely not the case. (Please double-check though - if you see a line with "yellow" status on the Output screen in VF03, then there is a record in NAST.)

It seems to me that there is an error in the output processing program or in the form. Program and form are assigned to the output type in the configuration (I bet you're not using the standard ones). When you use the option "background job", neither program nor form are triggered, because they're waiting for the job to start. that's why you don't have the update termination issue.

Actually, there should be no updates at all in the program or form. If you're using your custom program, have it corrected. If using a standard program, write a message to SAP.