Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My serial number requirement is as follows:

The industry is trading & hence all trading goods only. All items have a bar code & below the bar code there is the serial number. The user may do mistakes while entering the serial number & because of this my client wants to automate this process.

Serial numbers need to be entered at 2 places - goods receipt at the time of MIGO & goods issue at the time of PGI. So if an item had a serial number A2344531123 at the time of GR then at the time of PGI also it should have the same serial number A2344531123. How will the configuration be done so that the system should allow the same serial number at GR level & PGI level.....

Also the plant maintenance & customer service module will be implemented in the second phase, so how should the serial number be configured keeping into account the equipment master, etc.....

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are doing the GR, are you taking that stock against a Sales order. In that case then only you should have the same Serial Number which you have taken in the GR and the PGI document created against the sales order.

If you make the Serial number mandatory for both the documents ie GR and PGI, then PGI document which have serial number which is already there in the GR document.

You can maintain those settings in the OIS2 transaction for your serial number profile. We have done the same thing in my previous implementation.

That will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Mahesh.