cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording for different test results of batch of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

I am new to QM Module and need your guidance to implement The QM Module for Organic seeds industry.

We are in need of QM Module only for result recording of different tests for a batch of material.

The challenge which i am facing here , we are not performing our testing by means of SAP, Testing will be done by Third party. We need to track the results of different test of batch of material through SAP.

Please guide me by STEPS to configure starting from Goods Receipt.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you give more inputs. "we are not performing our testing by means of SAP, Testing will be done by Third party. We need to track the results of different test of batch of material through SAP" --- what it means.

Have you maintained QM settings for material i.e Inspection type in Material master, Inspection characterisatics( tests), sampling proceedure and task list/materail specification??

if you have not maintained, maintain these settings then you will get inspection lot at the time of GR. If you are sending the sample quantity of the material to thirdparty for testing, get the results of the tests and do results recording against inspection characteristics and take UD for the lot.

At any time you can see the inspection lot and results from batch using the following path.

MSC3N --> Enter material batch and plant --> goto Environment and click on Inspection lot. Here you can see all the lots generated for this batch.

check it and come back for further clarification

Regards

Venkat.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have maintained QM settings for material i.e inspection type,inspection characteristics and task list. Since we are not performing testing against material,i have not maintained sampling procedure.

For one batch of material, we need to do capture the results of different set of tests i.e, germination test,purification test etc. Also need to capture the test results in percentage pass and fail. And then UD. The confusion which have here is, do i need to create different lot for different test of a batch (or) one lot with different test?.

Please guide me with configuration steps.

And also i need to capture test results of one specific test for every six month for the period of four year for that same batch.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

former_member400804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

An Inspection lot should have series of tests performed for the batch and for "capture test results of one specific test for every six month for the period of four year for that same batch", you need to activate "09" - Recurring inspection and specifying inspection interval.

regards,

Lenin. A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For one inspection lot,how to capture the results of different tests?.

I have setup inspection type and lot attached to goods receipt.

Please give me configuration steps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the following steps to solve your issues.

Create MICs for all the tests to be performed on the Batch (E.g.: In germination test how many parameters/characteristics you are checking? what is type of characteristic (Qualitative or quantitative). Create MIC for each characteristic and mention ranges (Upper limit or lower limit) for Quantitative MICs and assign selected set for Qualitative MICs). Now Create inspection plan with usage 05 (for Goods receipt) and assign all the MICs (pertaining to all tests to be performed on the Batch) with sampling procedures (Sampling procedure is needed to fix your sample size). Activate 01 inspection type for the material. Now, after doing GR for Purchase order you will get inspection lot. Do RR and UD for this lot... Hope this clarifies your first requirement.

Activate inspection type 09 for recurring inspection in material master and Maintain Inspection interval (180 days) in days. Create Inspection plan with usage 9 (Material check) and assign inspection characteristic for which you need to record results for every 6 months. Now go to QA05 -->create a variant > Enter Material, Plant, Batch, initial run days, select To inspection stock at lot creation, check indicator Block Batch and save it> Now schedule the variant. With the above settings you will get inspection lots for this Every 6 months with lot origin 09 for this batch. You can do RR and UD as usual....Hope this clarifies your second requirement.

Check it and revert back for further clarifications.

Regards.

Venkat.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am getting error after running the variant for recurring inspection. The error which i found in QA07L is "No batches have been found for processing". And inspection lot is also not Created.

And also please tell me the usage of "Initial run in days" in Variant creation.

Thanks

Answers (0)