cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external calibration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My business scenario - Based on preventive maintenace schedule ,I need to send an equipment for calibrations, I need to track the equipment - where it is(either clint site or vendor's site )

in SAP (task list and maint schedule,plan are created system is creating maint/calib order according to my call harizon- )

but I want to send the equibment to vendor for calibration (Not an external person come and perform calib.)

How to map this req.

If I you use Serial no profile, (system is creating new s.no- Why)

is't not possible to make GR with same S.no?

please give some idea...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you cannot directly send the equipment outside it has to be linked with material with or without serial number.

it is not possible to make the GR's with same serial number because ,for external work you will create a subcontract order which is mainly used for assembling the final product with the raw material specified in the material used ,hence return material will have to be different to the material send hence system will ask for new serial number

the best process will be create a PO with respect to the order created ,and make the use of gate pass system

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiyagu

Thanks for your quick response

can you please guide (more details)

How to create PO and gate pass,

(I know create PO) but through maitenance order - how to generate PO according to my maintenace schedule and how to create Gate pass(which T.code & any spl. mvt. type)

does it need any spl. configuration

What i did is - In task list operation ,I assign cont.key PM02, and operation detail vendor no given

system is creating PO -- is this correct design or wrong

or this design is only useful for external person come in and perform duty and not for sending equpment outside?

Please help me to solve this issue

Thanks

Sami

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Gate pass is the external system it is not a part of SAP,kindly consult with MM people regarding how to track while sending the equipment.

if you want to perform external operation you can use PM02 control key which in turns create PR ,convert to PO then make the MIGO

if the calibration is done by external party inside your premises ,then specify PM03 control key which in turn create PR ,convert to PO.then create service entry sheet

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI THiyago

Thanks again for your valuable input

We want to send the equipment for calibration( not external vendor to come inside for calibration)

I want to track the equipment whether it is in our premise or extenal vendor's location

this is most important for us-

please guide me how to do?

we have equipment master, does we need Mat.master for this equipment,

why I am asking this is how to make GI for Maint. order?

can you please throw some light on this issue..

what are the master datas and transaction data i need to do

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

To add with Mr.Thiyagarajans' explonation,

We can generate a Dummy material master (may be NON VALUATED) and attach the Material number with the Equipment through Serial Number.

As he said, you can generate a PO thro' Maintenance Order.

You can follow the steps for the Material (Equipment) Movement

1. MIGO Goods receipt against Other - 202 (Staus - ESTO)

2. MB1b - Transfer Posting to vendor - 541 (Staus - ESTO)

3. MB1b - Transfer Posting to Stores (from Vendor) - 542 (Staus - ESTO)

4. MIGO - Goods Issue against Other - 201 (Staus - AVLB)

Then you can see the status changes from ESTO to AVLB in Equipment Master.

Movements details and where the Equipment is, can be tracked through the Equipment Master under Serial Data tab. (History icon will automatically get generated once you have done with material Movements)

Also you can track through MMBE.

Mr.Thiyagarajan,please correct me wherever necessary.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

THanks for your valuable inputs

Is't possible to maintain same Serial number (means while sending/ reciving the equipment to/from vendor with same same serial number)

we are not using Serialization( but for information I am asking the above question)

Without Serial number,how to track the equipment

at any time client wants to know wheather the particular equipment is our premise or vendor's location

can you plz throw some light on this issue.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

Without Serial number, you can not move the Equipment to Outside, as the equipment has to be moved to Stores first. Stores will accpet only MATERIALS. So SERIAL NUMBERS are must.

Otherwise, you can create Vendors as Functional Location. Dismantling and Installing status will show you in which vendor the equipment is. But I hope this is not the right way to do.

External calibration requries SERIAL NUMBERS.

Use Serial Number and Equipment Numbers are same. Setting is possible @ Serial Number Profile level in SPRO. Then as I mentioned in the previous reply, you can track by Serial Number wise.

Sam