cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict if we have 2 users with sam logonID configuring multiples LDAPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We are planing to implement multiples ldaps in our portal system, but according this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4e/4d0d40c04af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

- Usersu2019 logon IDs must be unique across all directory services.

Could you indicate us which problems ocurrs if exist two users with the same logon ID?

thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my experience goes, I have seen only one problem which occurs in the scenario you have mentioned. Quite simply both the users with the same login ID would not be able to login to the Portal.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur is 100% correct.

If there are two users with the same user id in the whole set of user stores connected to UME, that is: multiple LDAPS and local UME DB, user will see "Authentication failed" error with no explanation.

It does make sense, because EP does not know which user it is.

A way to resolve it would be to make sure only one user id is active in all the user stores at a time and filter out inactive accounts in the datasource config file, using negative filter, like in example below (inactive accounts and computer accounts are excluded):

<ume.ldap.negative_user_filter>
  useraccountcontrol=[514,530,546,66050];objectclass=[computer]
</ume.ldap.negative_user_filter>

What EP cannot see does not confuse it.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Slava,

Nice tip, but in your example:

useraccountcontrol=[514,530,546,66050];objectclass=[computer]

The numbers are user_id's? and this line must be in the .xml file on the private section?

Thanks in advace!

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

useraccountcontrol is not the same as user id.

It is a binary mask of attributes, one of which indicates that account is disable ACCOUNTDISABLE, value 2 :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144

Since SAP negative filter does not support regexp, we have to use a set of combinations of ACCOUNTDISABLE (2) with other values, like NORMAL_ACCOUNT (512), which make it 514, etc. You will get the idea from MS KB.

Correct. It should be in

<privateSection>

</privateSection>

Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/9a/f43541b9cc4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regard$,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have posted one message a month back , regarding almost similar reqirement. Can you pls guide me how to proceed in my cae.

we have a case where we need to connect to multiple LDAP servers and configure SPNego for Kerberos authentication of portal. we have a problem in case of user names. some user names are same in both LDAPs. LDAPs are portal are positioned as (Landscape convension)

LDAP1: xxxx.yyyy

LDAP2: ssss.yyyy

Portal : pppp.gggg.yyyy

where as gggg.yyyy is a trusted domain for both xxxx.yyyy and ssss.yyyy.

we have login problem in same user case. (same user exist in xxxx.yyyy and ssss.yyyy). I haven't gone into details yet like logs and all troubleshooting stuff. Before doing all this just want to know your views whether I can do this or not. If I can achieve any suggentions how to proceed further?

Adding to this LDAp guys gave a me an user attribute flags which they are using to define duplicate users on other LDAP.

I tried to define this in Datasource XML in private bsection like

<com.sap.ldap.user.negative_filter>flags=1</com.sap.ldap.negative_filter>

But when i search for the user I am able to see user from both LDAPs, which means filter is not effective.

For this do I need to do mapping of attribute as this is custom attribute?

Or am i doing anything wrong. Or as you mentioned do I need to find out other way to do this like user control values. Exteninf this requirement eventhough I will be able to filter the users the same filter will be valid for SPNEGO also.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

Please check: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/48/d1d13f7fb44c21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm under the section Constraints....

probably it helps.

regards

Mahesh