cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload stored documents in SAP into ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to upload documents which are already stored in SAP tables and documents generated from PDF into ArchiveLink.

The stored documents are HR E-Rec documents such as candidate resume, candidate application etc.

I can use FM HRRCF_MDL_CAND_ATT_GET to get the contect of a resume along with document type of resume. The contect of the document is of type xstring. How would i upload this document to ArchiveLink where i document type and content in xstring format.

Also i am generating a pdf which outputs in the format fp_formoutput-pdf which is a rawstring. How would i upload the rawstring to ArchiveLink.

I have the info such as archive id, ar_object. sap_object and doc:type but i dont have arc_doc_id which needs to be generated based on the content.

So what i need is a FM which will take my content in xstring and rawstring format and give a doc id.

Then i plan on using FM ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT to send the document to ArchiveLink.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nahman,

Did you ever find out how to do this ? This is exactly what I'm trying to do with a PDF document. There is another function ARCHIV_CREATE_OUTGOINGDOCUMENT that should archive the document, but this function needs a document ID as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i have the same problem too, about arc_doc_id you can use the FM Archivobject_create_file

or the FM get_guid.

if you have the solution for the rest, please tell me about it.

best regards

Sharl