cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Reorganization and Database Statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

During a reorganization of tables via BRTools / BRSpace, Is it possible to have database statistics recalculated for tables at the same time, without re-reading all the data to perform a separate analyze?

We are using Oracle 10.2.0.2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree.

but recalculating stats after can be done quickly:

brconnect -c -u / -f stats -t missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

BRSPACE exports the source statistics and imports them again for the target table. So "-t missing" would not help here. Instead you would have to use the force option "collect":

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t <table_name> -f collect

Kind regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all that have responded. I understand that there will be some quirks concerning parameter settings for BRCONNECT (missing / collect) due to statistics being backed up before the reorg and then restored afterward.

Based on the responses so far, it seems that there is no way to avoid re-reading the tables a second time (i.e. once for the reorg and once for the statistics). Hopefully I can at least skip the indexes, as the reorg is supposed to calculate statistics during the reorg when the indexes are moved/rebuild.

James

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given my own research and the thoughts provided by others, I think the answer to my question is "you can't", which is unfortunately. However, that seems to be the answer, so I am marking this question as such.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi james,

i don't think so. from my point of view, that after you reorganize your database, you'll need to update database statistics again since your latest database statistics was done before your database is reorganize. i am sure that it has significant different.

that's my opinion.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com