cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling a WDA on a field's F4 help.. pls reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a WDA1, with a table of item list. coloumns -- item no: product no: status:

I need to give a F4 input help for product no: .. it should call a other WDA2(this is for product search. I already did this).

so once product F4 button is hit, it shoudl call my WDA2 as a popup.... and there the product search list table, if i click one record and hit chooose button.. that product selected in WDA2, should

transfer to my WDA1's product no coloumn?

how to call a wda on F4 input help? how to pass values back to my field...?

also before the product comes to my WDA1, i need some validations to figure out the status(coloumn 3)...?

kindly pls.. check this one.. if someone reply me it will be thankful..

thanks in advance,

Niraja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get yourself familiar with the concept of "Freely Programmed Value Help".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

And then take a look to the demo value help component that you can find in the system. I cannot now remember the name of this demo component, but you should find it by looking components using component interface IWD_VALUE_HELP (or searching components in SE80 with "WDvaluehelp" or something like that). You should get the idea quite easilly with this demo component provided by SAP.

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Nov 13, 2008 9:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks kempi,

but could someone give me some steps on this please...

I gone through that doc,but im very new to this..

if someone can take sometime to provide me some steps....

thanks in advance,

niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Can someone tell me on how to call a event for F4 input help?

if i can know how to call a event on F4 help of a field, i wll try to call the other WDA from that action using

method....

I appreciate your help...

thanks in advance,

Niraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please look at this [weblog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4970] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try this:->

first you WDP 1 in the node of the attribute check the "Input Help Mode" is Freely Programmed.

then at the buttom youcan get another option Input Help Component Usage there you have to give your WDP2(in this WDP2 you create a view which displays all yor F4 values), make sure that you have to use Doinit method in WDP2.

This way it will work.

if you are not clear let me knowl.

all the best.

Naresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use the dictionary search help in this case.Go to the table field product no. in your case.In the property of the attribute, enter the Input Help mode as Dictionary Search Help and then in the Dictionary Search Help,create a seach help in SE11 (elementary).Here you specify your table in the search help.Activate the application.

with regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved