cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unassign users from a Org unit and reassign to another org unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

There are users in my org who are already assinged to a org unit through USERS_GEN transaction (from SU01 users) and are creating shopping carts for the past four months without any issue.

Now there is a requirement to assign few of the users to another org unit.

I have created that org unit but not sure how to reassign it to a new org unit.

I am new to SRM. Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete the assignment of users to the org structure through USERS_GEN.

See these related threads;

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dihsa,

Thanks for the fast reply.

In that link it has been mentioned that users can be unassigned from a org unit through USERS_GEN txn or drag and drop.

I already unassigned a user by clicking on delete assignment in PPOSA_BBP. While I am trying to reassign the user through USERS_GEN to new org unit, I am getting the error: Central Person for this user already exists with E BBPU_MESSAGES 042 &.

After going through some of the threads I realized that I should not do like that for deleting a assignment.

Also I found one thread which is telling that ....new org unit has to be selected and then by clicking on the Assign button --> Incorporates..Postion.. a user can be reassigned.

Is it a right way to do that.... I don know how to unassign using USERS_GEN txn.

Also it would be great if you could help me to resolve the above error.

Please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

I just solved the error by creating a new position for that user in the old org unit and assign the BP to that position.

I need to know the process for re-assigning a user who has already been assigned to a org unit, to a new org unit.

Please help me with the step by step process.

thanks.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far I know you cannot do that thru' USERS_GEN. To reassign an user to a new org unit, simply delete the assignment from the existing unit and go to your desired new org unit and right click on it and select assign. If required create a new position and then assign.

Regards, IA