cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interaction R/3 Worflow & ccBPM - How To?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is it possible to trigger/start a ccBPM in XI from an event generated from a workflow and vice versa? I have heard that it is possible but haven't got any luck finding documentation explaining how to do that.

Can you please share any knowledge/experiences on this area? Thanks!

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

have a look at the following notes:

Hope this helps,

regards, Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't really get what the notes have to do with the question. looks pretty much like a key word search...

anyway, i know that you can go the other way round, that is trigger a workflow in the backend from XI sending a Workflow XML message, but i'm unaware of anything the other way round. The reason is probably that a BPM is normally initiated by a receive step, meaning some message is received in the BPM and from there some steps are defined to go through. So if you want to start a BPM from a Workflow Event, does that mean, you want to sent a message (IDoc, RFC, Proxy) from the Event?

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

From the workflow we would like to initiate an HTTP request and get a response back via XI. How the ccBPM is triggered is not an issue we could do that via a synchronous proxy or RFC.

So in practice it will look to something like this:

Request:

R3 Workflow -> XI ccBPM -> HTTP/SOAP Request-> 3rd Party

Response:

3rd Party -> HTTP/SOAP Response -> XI ccBPM -> R3 Workflow

Will this work?

Cheers,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

>>Will this work?

yes it will work. if you are on WAS6.2+ you can use synchronous client proxy for sending the request from the workflow to the BPM. BPM inturn will be able to make a soap call , and return the response to the workflow.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Tnx for your answer!

Do you have any links or documentation explaining how to implement this scenario in more details?

Thanks,

Roberto