SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find duplicate BP's ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to solve duplicate BP problem. Can I create a ABAP report in ERP to do that or should I do that in BI( I/O)? If in ERP what would be the sample code? Or if in BI what is the approach? Thank you in advance. Points will assigned for the helpful answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi akash

u can make it through abap if u need to find it in the initial stage while u r craeting itself by giving any unique classification to identify the duplication like bank number and so on...

kr

raj

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi akash

u can make it through abap if u need to find it in the initial stage while u r craeting itself by giving any unique classification to identify the duplication like bank number and so on...

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have multiple BP for the same name or address or bank account no..etc..

Check out tables:

BUT000

BUT010

BUT020

ADRC- Address of Business Partner

BCONT- business contact

BUT0BK- Bank Account No:

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

Thank you both. I am trying to solve this issue optimally meaning if I have to do it in R/3, it might have a performance implication on the system given the data volumes of the base tables. If I can achive this in BI using the 0bpartner I/O, how that could be done? If i am not able to do it in BI then I have no choice but doing it in R/3. What would be the sample code to derive duplicate BP's?? Thank you all for your time and effort.

0 Kudos

Hi

To find duplicate BP's we have a concept like "Data Clensing " in SAP itself.

try out data clensing that will serve ur purspose of reducing redundancies,

merging dplicate entries,

let say same BP provided two diff addresses, we will maintain one BP with both addresses ,.which will merge address details.

Regards

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

There is standard procedure in the sap to clear the duplicate record like t/code : CLEAR_INT : data cleansing

Regards

Shashi