cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR Page headers empty for 1st page for Long Text greated than 26 lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have this wierd problem on my GR. I added the following code and corresponding fetches in the printprogram to include PO Item long texts in the GR.

/: INCLUDE &T166P-TXNAM& OBJECT &T166P-TDOBJECT& ID &T166P-TDID& LANGUAGE E PARAGRAPH Z8 NEW-PARAGRAPH Z8

When the text is upto 26 lines, everything seems fine. But when it is more than 26 lines and usually a new page needs to be created, all the dynamic texts like PO number, Buyer name, Plant name etc. in the header of the 1st page is blank. But all the details in the second page seem to apprear fine.

Any suggestions on where to or what to look for to solve this problem?

I'd appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks

L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where are you printing the Long text, In Main widow or a secondary window. If you are using secondary window , try to print the long text in the Main window, so that text flows dynamically from first page to next page.

With Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to print it in the main window.

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your description. I Guess you are printing PO number, Buyer name, Plant name etc on each page. Have you Declared this text elements in Main Window. ???

With regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...the way the current print program works is that the header and footer contains information like PO number dat, buyer, isuued by etc and these will print on each page that is created. These are populated prior to the area where write forms for Main are issued.

The main page contains the Item related information. I have added a code where the long text is also obtained before all the write forms. I then issue write form in the same subroutine where other Main-related write forms are coded.

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unless the layout and the way you designed the flow of Data in Smartform is seen, Its difficult to say where the problem is.

with regards

naveen