cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read trace to validate FTP was successful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an XML file that I have set up to be FTP and when I run a test it returns successful but the FTP site is empty.

How can I read the trace file to see exactly where/when the FTP was sent? I was hoping I could see the details such as "logged onto ftp.xxxxx.com" and "file "TransportOR.xml sent successfully" but when I read the trace I am not seeing any messages like that.

How can I prove the FTP is being sent by XI?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Use the RWB and have a look into the Audit Log of the outbound message. There you should find what you are looking for. The FTP Adapter is a Java Adapter so you will never see such stuff in the ABAP Engine of PI.

Regards,

Volker

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem has been solved.

I'm not sure how but my BASIS guy was able to access the java file and view the errors. Once he gave me the error description it was obvious that my problem was the variable in my file name. I removed it and it works.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt!

Nice to hear that.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get into the runtime workbench this morning but when I tried to open a failed message I got a java error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Is something missing in my configuration?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt!

Obviously you do not persist your messages in the Adapter Framework. Unfortunately I have forgotten how to do this. Anybody else in this forum an idea?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add. info:

But watching the Audit Log should work ... Doesn't it?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

java.lang.NullPointerExceptionjava

This means source was not available/empty

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will look into that. Right now I do not have access to use the run time workbench. This is a test environment so I am hoping to get access and test it as soon as possible.

Thanks again. I'll update when I find out more.

Matt