cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPJRA in weblogic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok - so I know this isn't technically supported, but I was having some fun looking into this to see if I can get it to work. Has anyone had any luck getting the SAPJRA.rar running in another app server like weblogic? I can get everything to deploy, but I get one of two different errors when I try to use it. I either get a message like this:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:1018)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3255)

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ManagedConnectionImpl.(JRA.java:2851)

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.createManagedConnection(JRA.java:2241)

at weblogic.connector.security.layer.AdapterLayer.createManagedConnection(AdapterLayer.java:802)

at weblogic.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createResource(ConnectionFactory.java:91)

... 49 more

If I put the sapjco.jar 2.1.8 on the classpath of the server I get a message on startup which says:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize SAP Java Resource Ad

apter Library. Found SAP Java Connector version 2.1.8 but version 6.30.1 or high

er is required.

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA.<clinit>(JRA.java:219)

Any ideas?

I have tried multiple combinations and configurations, but no luck as of yet.

So - my challenge is out there - anyone done this before?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris Hesse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same troubles.

The JCO libs from http://service.sap.com/connectors have version numbers like 2.x and 3.x

In our setup:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.getVersion(); //   returns "2.1.8 (2006-12-11)"

The JRA libs from sapra.rar have version numbers like "6.*"

In our setup:

com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA.getVersion(); //   returns "6.45.0"

This JRA lib requires a "higher" version of JCO, v6.40, or at least "6.30.1".

I suspect, the JCO lib with the proper number is not available on http://service.sap.com/connectors

It is probably a version for internal use within Netweaver EE Container only.

You should search in your SAP WAS libs to find the "internal" JCO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dimitri

I was thinking the same thing, but never ever got anywhere with this line of thinking. I could never find any version of sapjco with a higher version anywhere on the NW 7.0 server, and have a suspicion that all of the relative classes are included in other places built into the core of the server itself. Have you had any more luck on this front?

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm trying to do something similar. Can you guys share what you got so far? - How to do the configuration and the deployment, I've just started, reading some docs..

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an old weblogic 8.1 book which goes through step by step downloading the sapjra.rar from service marketplace, and using sapjco 2.0. I am thinking now that there was an old version of the sapjra which used to be workable but is now no longer compliant, which is why they check the version number, and why the version they are checking for will only exist inside an SAP server (>6.30).

So question - does anyone have an old version of sapjra laying around to send me?

I would be very appreciative!

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi chris,

check the link

go for the last reply "moderator" given the location

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, I know where to find it in my NW 7.0 system - what I meant was I think I need an older version, one circa 6.40 era j2ee engine. The new version doesn't work because it is hardcoded to use version 6.30 or greater of SAP jco, which of course isn't a valid number for sapjco stand alone -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can you please tell me the location of SAP JRA in NW CE 7.1? - I couldn't find it, did some searchs and no good.

I think you can prob. find the JCO (updated version to work with RA) inside the NW CE. Did you try to search in that?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following location may shed you some light C:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\tcsapjratemp\connector\connectors\jratemp.rar

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (0)