cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report in PI 7.1 stating successfull/failed IDoc Transactions in last 24hr

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to generate a Report in PI 7.1 which will include IDoc (Inbound and Outbound) transactions in last 24 hours. This report is suppose to include Date, Transaction ID, Interface name, Type (IDoc/XML), Success/Fail and other custom fields. We will be using this report to generate a parity report in SAP which will tell us which interfaces/IDocs failed in PI.

We have to generate same kind of report for XML messages sent to PI and going out of PI.

Could you please point me in the right direction on where or how can i find this information.

Thank you,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try with End to End monitoring in RWB specifying the time lines and fetch the report out

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can pick from SAP. Transaction SXMB_MONI does nothing else than starting a report. I cannot tell you the name, cause I have currently no system access. But you know you can see the started report using menu System -> Status

But be aware that with that report you will not take messages into account which could not handed over from a Java-based Adapter (like RFC, SOAP etc.) to the Integration Engine. The Integration Engine can only "see" messages that passed the Java Inbound Adapters successfully. So far the IDoc Adapter is an ABAP-based Adapter.

Additionally be aware that starting with the PI 7.1 Advanced Adapter Engine you may have the chance to configure Scenarios completely bypassing the Integration Engine -> direct Adapter-Adapter Shake-Hands.

Regards,

Volker

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Volker for the reply. I am very new to the whole SAP and PI world. I would appreciate if you can break down your approach. Basically, all I am trying to achieve is a list of all the idoc messages, their status, date-time, pass/failetc. in a file from PI and be able to send that file to backend SAP so someone can compare the list with its (SAP) own list to find out which messages did not reach PI. I was looking at IDoc administration page on help.sap.com. but I am still in the process of putting pieces together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

As Volker Kolberg suggested you can find failed/successful messages details using SXI_MONITOR Transaction code.

For Example if you want to find failed/successful messages which meant to create IDOCs in SAP i.e Inbound to SAP

1. Just execute SXI_MONITOR Tcode with receiver service name(i.e SAP Business system name)in selection screen.The output screen gives you failed/successful messages details(but not IDOC numbers from SAP for successful message.anyway failed messages in PI will not have IDOCs in SAP)

If you want IDOC numbers from SAP for bulk of successful messages,get TID details from IDXRCVPOR table by giving(in GUID field) message ID from SXI_MONITOR in selection.

Execute this step in SAP not in PI:- With these TID you can find IDOCs in SAP from edids table(just give date,time, TID)

2.For Outbound IDOC from SAP to PI(SAP->PI ->external system)

Execute SXI_MONITOR Tcode in PI with sender service name(i.e SAP Business system name) in selection screen.The output screen gives you failed/successful messages details(but not IDOC numbers from SAP for successful/failed message) .If you want IDOC numbers from SAP for bulk of successful/failed messages,get IDOCNUMBER from IDXSNDPOR table by giving(in GUID field) message ID from SXI_MONITOR in selection.

By using above 2 methods you will get details of messages with failed in Integration Engine.it doesn't give messages failed in AE.I guess you cant use AAE to send IDOCs to SAP bcoz IDOC adapter sits on Integration engine.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

JAG

Edited by: Jag on Nov 14, 2008 4:30 AM

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Gaurav and JAG.

I was playing around in PI with JAG's suggestion and was wondering how to extract "UniqueID" field from IDOC. So, here are the steps on how UniqueID is being generated in SAP.

1. In SAP, UniqueID is being generated in SNDLAD field in the IDoc control record. This UniqueID is made up of Interface_ID, MMDDYYYYHHMMSSSS and a unique transaction value.

2. Now, SAP starts sending these IDocs to PI and PI starts processing/sending them to a 3rd party system.

3. At the end of the day. PI needs a generate two files of UniqueIDs (i.e. SNDLAD), date-time, interface name, status. 1st file will include all the UniqueIDs that PI received from SAP. 2nd file will include all the UniqueIDs that PI sent to the 3rd party system.

4. Now, after generating these two files, how would PI send them to SAP automatically so SAP can compare them with its own records of past 24hrs and figure out which UniqueIDs have failed.

In nutshell, I need to extract SNDLAD field from IDoc control record (past 24hrs) in PI and send it to SAP automatically.

I hope these steps will clarify what I am trying to achieve.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mayur

After looking at your requirement i am not able to visualize standard way to do it. But yes if you write ABAP report on SXMSPMAST& SXMSPEMAS to generate the files. You can achieve this.

Even this will allow you to identify the Unique ID of IDOC which failed as well.

Thanks

Gaurav