cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Designer -Table Browser does not show all the tables in dbo schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MS SQL Server 2005 as the datasource. Created a connection using Micorsoft SQL 2005 ODBC drivers. When i tried to insert tables by menu Insert->Tables.... The table browser does not show tables under dbo schema. Is there any settings i need to do to get the tables.

But when i select master database i can see the tables under dbo.

Regards

palam01

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I found one SAP bug in universe Designer. I changed the registry key It was 0,972,170,1172,1,0. Per the recommendation in the other post, I made it 0,0,300,300,1,0. The now list of tables is displayed.

W+R

Type--- Regedit

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\default\BusinessObjects\Application Preferences\BusinessDesigner\Designer\Dsgn Table Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution from BO forum and posted the answer here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

The solution that I found was that I had to modify de database name because if there's an special character such as "_", the dbo scheme doesn't work... Is it a good practice??

Regards,

Lelian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create a Derived Table on any of the tables which are not listed.

Check whether using the same connection we are able to extract data or not.

If we are, then there is no problem with the connection.

Check if you are using any kind of strategies.

-Shreyash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambili,

First make sure that you are creating table in which database.

Lets suppose you are creating tables under test database.

While creating DSN you should select the database Name as Test.

Now on the universe Designer when you click on insert > Tables and in table browser you can find all the tables under the test database.

Do revert in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Database and tables in the database are already created. I created DSN to that database. And i am using that in the connection. But when I invoke table browser to add tables to universe, it is not listing the tables under dbo schema. But selected database name and tried an insert and that inserted all the tables ( even the system and infromation schema tables) into the universer structure pane. And i can delete all the tables that i don't need from those. But when i need to add any other table, i have to remove all and add them again. I am not sure why the tables are not listed in the table browser so that i can select the tables that i need.

Regards

Ambili

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambili,

There are two things you need to check :

1. When you created a DSN for the database , you should not select any default database, keep that option unchecked to see all the databases with that single DSN.

2. Secondly you need to check the PRM files, if you have owner name or qualifier set in your database.

Below are the steps for that :

Open the universe having the issue.

Click on parameters tab and test the connection.

When the connection is responding fine-->click on details.

You will see the path in the prm section, it will show you which prm file you are using.

Follow this path in the installation directory where this prm is placed.

It should be something like this :

install dir
program files\BusinessObjects\Business objects enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\sql.prm

Open the prm file and you will see the parameters:

1. <Parameter Name="OWNER">N</Parameter>

2. <Parameter Name="QUALIFIER">N</Parameter>

Set both the parameter to Y.

Restart the connection server.

Now try inserting the tables in the designer and then test the issue.

Hope this resolves our issue.

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply. I unchecked the default database in the DSN. And tested the universe connection.

After that I tried to locate sql.prm in the folder. But I could not find that.

All the prm files starting with sql in that folder is this

sqlsrv.prm

sqlsrvde.prm

sqlsrven.prm

sqlsrves.prm

sqlsrvfr.prm

sqlsrvit.prm

sqlsrvja.prm

sqlsrvko.prm

sqlsrvnl.prm

sqlsrvpl.prm

sqlsrvpt.prm

sqlsrvru.prm

sqlsrvsv.prm

sqlsrvzh_CN.prm

sqlsrvzh_TW.prm

i checked sqlsrv.prm and sqlsrvsv.prm and in both files the have these set to Y

<Parameter Name="OWNER">Y</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="QUALIFIER">Y</Parameter>

So I am not sure what can be the issue. For testing I created another database with two tables and i can see that new database in the table browser, But still the tables are not listed.

Is there anything i need to set at the database level.

Is there anyway i can post some screen shots here. So that it will be more clear what i am trying to see and what the issue is.

Regards

ambili

Edited by: Ambili Pallimakkal on Nov 13, 2008 7:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambili,

Please check whether the table names are more than 8 characters long.

If they are then just try to have a test table with shorter name and see whether it is available or not?

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a test database with only two tables ( table1 and table2) both has 5 columns each. And that also did not work in Universe table browser.

Ambili

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched another BO Forum and found the answer. This is an issue with SQL Server 2005. And they suggest to install SQL Server 2005 SP2.

[http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=78124&highlight=browser+listing]

I will try what is mentioned in this and see if that fixes the issue.

ambili