cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uppercase variable in a Sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need to modify a sapscript. In my sapscript i have a variable named &W_LANDX&, this variable is fulled with the form GET_COUNTRY in a program Z_GET_DATA.

The text country is obtained by the following code :

SELECT SINGLE landx FROM t005t INTO w_landx

WHERE spras = sy-langu

AND land1 = w_land1.

My problem is that the &W_LANDX& is always in uppercase and the text come from landx50 of t005t table. I don't know how this is possible. When i debug w_landx is correct but when i print the form i have the problem.

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your W_LANDX variable refers to the T005T-LANDX50?

Basically, we need to have the variable which can hold the values preserving its Cases. The field T005T-LANDX50 is able to hold the cases because the domain of the T005T-LANDX50 has the "Lowercase" on.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

Unfortunately I do not know Sapscript - i prefer Smartforms - how can i check if the W_LANDX variable refers to the T005T-LANDX50 ? I searched in my program but this variable is not declared.

Edited by: CECG on Nov 13, 2008 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just double click on it. That will take you to the definition.

Rob

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the type of the W_LANDX in your main program Z_GET_DATA? You can able to double click on that variabe to find out the type in the SE38 for program Z_GET_DATA

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Edited by: Naimesh Patel on Nov 13, 2008 9:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a sapscript.

I go into my window ADDRESS, i switch in text editor, i can see the variable &W_LANDX& if i double click on it nothing happens. I'm not in a program Z* but in a sapscript windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant in the program.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the program the variable &W_LANDX& is not declared.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> In the program the variable &W_LANDX& is not declared.

>

> Thx

No, but w_landx must be.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok but how do you explain that this variable is filled when i test my sapscript ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SELECT is in program Z_GET_DATA, so it must be declared there. Double click on it in the program.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the data definition for field w_landx in your program?

Rob