cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing interactive news bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to implement interactive news bar, rolling around messages from some source. Having in mind the option to implement it in the different technology like DHTML or JavaScript and connect it with IFrame to WebDynpro I would prefer to find the way to implement it in "pure" WebDynpro. Is someone have an idea how to do it?

My idea is to scroll text edit in run-time but I didn't succeeded to do it. Is there API to do it?

Best Regards,

Victor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sorry, but this does not seem a good scenario for the use of Web Dynpro. There is no way to do that scrolling on the client side, without server roundtrips.

Even if you use automatic, periodic roundtrips (cf. TimedTrigger) and accept that this might disturb a user acutally entering data etc., you have the problem that there is no API for scrolling a TextView. Of course you could just exchange the TextView's content every time, thus simulating a news ticker.

But I do not think that you will find a way to offer a good user experience for a news ticker with pure Web Dynpro means.

You might try to embed an IFrame and use some other technology inside that IFrame to achieve the news ticker. But be warned that the IFrame's content is reloaded every time your embedding Web Dynpro application makes a server roundtrip. You must take care that this reload does not reset your news ticker. Also, this raises questions about how such an application could run with clients not based on a web browser (so called "smart clients").

Best regards,

Thomas