cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to log into Java Engine (IR,ID,SLD & RWB) using PISUPER account.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have installed SAP PI 7.0 in our landscape. Initially, I think PI will get installed in client 001. I have created a new client 100 and using Note: 940309, We have changed the default client from 001 to 100. In client 100, I have checked in SU01 and found that all PISUPER,PIRWBUSER,etc users got created.

I am able to log into PI using PISUPER(log on pad), but not into IR,ID,SLD and RWB. Can you please let me know why I am getting authentication failure when I am trying to log into Java Engine with user PISUPER ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java stack communicates with the abap stack through UME. So if you can log into abap just fine but cannot via java, that means either the ume is not configured properly. Open config tool, navigate to 'cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services' and edit Propertysheet "com.sap.security.core.ume.service". Change Property and make sure "ume.r3.connection.master.user" and "ume.r3.connection.master.client" is correct. Now make sure that ume.r3.connection.master.user user is not locked in abap. Finally if ume.r3.connection.master.user is not locked, then ensure that the password is set correctly on ume.r3.connection.master.password.

Also make sure that the gateway is running with problems.

Hope this helps!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phanikumar,

Have you set the environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV in the system variable. Check for the log. If the error message relates to maximum connections then set this value and restart the server.

Regards,

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you changed the master client in the config tool?

Also assign the java roles to the user like sap_j2ee_admin(role).

Regards,

Vamshi.