Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts through Email Using BPM

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

can anybody help me on BPM as i am new to BPM.I need a help from you , i want to send an alert through Email using BPM can any body send me a sample scenario related to this one.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

My requirement was whenever we got an error in the scenario it will trigger an alert through email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly that can be achieved by configuring things like mentioned by me above.

Whithin your BPM you then have to throw the alerts, whenever problems occur. The configured Email Forwarding then automatically sends an Email to the defined recipients of the alerts.

By the way: The recipients for each Alert Category you define in PI ABAP Engine using transaction ALERTCATDEF

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

Follow as Volker said

BPM can capture exceptions in each step and can send alerts for the same. You can set your container variables as well using BPM to raise alerts.

This can give some guidance

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BPM you create the Alerts. In Alert Configuration (in RWB) you can define for each Alter Category whether it is to be forwarded via Email.Prerequisites for that:

1. XI/PI must have been configured to send Mails (SMTP)

2. All receivers must have maintained an Email Adress in SU01

3. Only users defined in XI/PI can get the mails.

4. Schedule the regular sending of Emails out of the XI/PI system using transaction SCOT

5. The Mail Server (Lotus Domino or Exchange Server) must accept Mails from XI/PI system (Server and Port). Ask your Mail Guys.

6. If you do not define the Mail Server as IP address in SMTP configuration take care that the XI/PI is able to resolve Server Name to IP Address (e.g. by maintaining local hosts ob XI/PI).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

It is possible to send email using email adapter. It has nothing to do with BPM. It means if you are using BPM just to send mail, its not a good idea.

You need to configure your Directory to forward the message from your interface which has data to the Email Adapter communication channel. Thats all.

For BPM, just google to start learning or help.sap.com. Its is not feasible to explain step by step

Thanks

-Kulwant