Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA error: "The communication type RML is not defined"

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we've been using the CUA for quite some time and it works fine on all of our systems. Recently we've installed a new NW 7.10 system and I tried to connect it to our CUA. So far, so good. Now I'm trying to create users in our new systems and all I get (in transaction SCUL) is the error "The communication type RML is not defined". In our new system in transaction SCOT there is a RML-node, so it should be defined in general. I've never seen this message and I have no idea how to resolve it.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Just in case someone else is having this problem, too:

In the end it WAS the mentioned Sapnote 1167877. But it wasn't just implementing it, but also executing the mentioned ABAP report - and voila: It works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this note is useful for you.

Note 333441 - CUA: Tips for problem analysis

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

thanks, but I know this note already. And I don't see which part of it should fit my problem, actually...

Regards

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better raise an OSS message.

I think it is bcoz of the RML address maintained in the User IDs which did not create a problem for other systems.

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

I already did that yesterday. I just remembered experiencing similar problems when upgrading our XI-systems to release 7.10. Back then implementing Sapnote 1167877 did the trick. This doesn't help here for some reason...