Reverse picking & update picking status in VL02N w/o LT0G

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The process is:

1. SO (VA01)

2. Delivery (VL01N)

3. WM-picking (VL0!N / VL02N) - stock determination group is set for the material (material master), that's why the stock is picked from consignment

4. PGI (VL02N), mvt 601K

5. Reverse GI (VL09)

6. Reverse picking LT01 / LT10

In step 6 LT0G cannot be used as per OSS note 350285 (in case of the use of stock determination LT0G cannot be used). The suggested workaround is:

Workaround: goods can be returned from the shipping area to the warehouse with Transaction 'Create transfer order from stock list' (Transaction LT10). Note that in this case the outbound delivery is not updated. The adjustments to the delivery must be carried out manually via 'Change Outbound Delivery' (Transaction VL02N).

My question:

How can realize the "adjustment" of the delivery? What does the note mean?

I couldn't find how to change the delivery doc's picking status - LT0G should do this, but it cannot be used.

Please help how to realize the suggestion written in the OSS not.

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 13, 2008 1:56 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 13, 2008 1:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in VL02N set field Picked Qty in tab Picking to 0. Than pick status should be changed.

Andrzej

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Oooops...sometimes I should use my eyes and head...:)

Thanks for the solution!

Regards,

Csaba

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are welcome.

PS

I am impressed reading your replay message in forum

Andrzej

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Morning Adrzej,

I would like to ask for your help...

I remember when we were discussing this thing I was able to set the "picked qty" to 0 and this way to update the WM and picking status of the item.

The problem now is that I cannot do the same thing I was able a few months ago. I tried it in three different systems (2xECC6.0 and 1x4.7), but the result is the same: the "picked qty" is greyed out (not changeable after VL09 and LT10) and I'm not able to change it and this way the status cannot be updated.

If you have time and any idea I'd like to ask you to please help.

Thanks in advance,

Csaba

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

it is very strange - now I can not do the same thing either.

I was searching forum concerning my problem ([Unable to reverse PGR for return delivery (RL).|😉 and I found this not answered by me question.

Would you be so kind to look at my message - it also concerns delivery status & VL09.

Best Regards

Andrzej

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are doing reversal of PGI & returning goods from shipping area to bin means we have problem in delivery. What I understand from the note "The adjustments to the delivery must be carried out manually via 'Change Outbound Delivery' (Transaction VL02N)." that if you want to make any changes or adjustments in delivery you have to go in change mode of delivery i.e.VL02N for e.g. if you want to change qty. of delivery then use VL02N as well as if you want to cancel delivery you can cancel delivery.

Delivery document picking status will not get change when you cancel PGI & reverse picking through LT0G or LT10.It reamins "C" only.

Hope this explaination clear your doubt.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply.

1. If you use LT0G the picking status of delivery gets refreshed.

2. It's clear that I can change a delivery document in VL02N.

SAP note says:

Workaround: goods can be returned from the shipping area to the warehouse with Transaction 'Create transfer order from stock list' (Transaction LT10). Note that in this case the outbound delivery is not updated. The adjustments to the delivery must be carried out manually via 'Change Outbound Delivery' (Transaction VL02N).

As per my understanding the note wants to say that we have to carry out the update manually ("adjust") the delivery because LT01 can't do it. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 14, 2008 10:28 AM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested by reversing PGI of a delivery & doing LT0G the status was not updated. But when you confirm the transfer order which was created to return material from shipping area & again you create new TO for the outbound delivery for picking the status of picking gets updated.Also document flow shows return TO number as well as new TO for picking.

I will check again but I got results whatever I mentioned in above lines.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

It's very good that you are taking efforts to solve this problem, but I would kindly ask you to post your message only if it is to the point.

LT0G does refresh the picking status, this is one purpose of that transaction - if it doesn't work in your system properly, please investigateit, search for an OSS note or contact SAP AG. But please also consider that I opened this thread to solve the issue I posted in my first message (how LT0G works is not the subject of this thread).

Thanks for your understanding,

Csaba